Muse [Narry]

Harry was desperate. Extremely so. He's been given exactly two weeks to come up with the next cover song for his new album and he's dry on ideas. His bandmates, Liam, Louis, and Zayn were each given assignments on the album as well. But it was Harry's turn to write the title song this time, and he'd not gotten anything done. Well he doesn't even have the slightest idea what to write.

To begin with, it wasn't quite fair. Harry was the only boy of the number one boy band, Infinite, to not have any musical background before joining the rest of the boys. Well, unless you counted those recorder lessons in grade six that all students had to take. He could barely read notes, much less write music. Louis and Liam both had taken piano lessons here and there when they were younger, and Zayn even played the guitar.

Management had allowed the boys to seek help from other individuals and even from amongst themselves. The last album Liam got help from Louis for the lyrics of the title song which he was assigned to compose and write. Zayn hadd gotten help from his girlfriend that also sang for a living when he had to write the title song. Pretty much the only one who didn't request any assistance was Louis as he had his way with words and music.

Now it was just Harry. All of his friends who have any talent whatsoever to do with music were currently unavailable to help him with his song. His friend Olly Murs was touring North America as we speak. His mates from Union J were also in the midst of recording their album, so it was no sense trying to get help from them. One of his closest friends, Ed Sheeran was currently on a sabbatical, a little get away from the real world. The other boys had their own share to do with the new album with higher expectations from management and fans.

So yes, Harry Styles was ultimately all alone. Sure he's got some sort of idea what his song's gonna be about. Earlier today he had penned some lyrics down, stringing words that fit together. He figured he could at least do something first then wing it at the last minute about the actual music of the song. At least he got the lyrics down. In the worst situation he could get Zayn to rap the whole thing and get over with it. Not that management, or anyone really, was going to let Harry get away with it.

The current predicament Harry was in involved in him sitting in a somewhat secluded area of a small pub, brooding over his third pint of beer with his iPad out. He had been typing lyrics into his iPad for the past hour or so, and he really wasn't going anywhere.

Having to write a song for the boy-band that topped every chart to exist is quite a lot of pressure being put on the young man, more so that he doesn't know anything about music notes and keys and whatnot.

He was getting extremely distracted at this point; browsing through his Twitter and going through his music, so it wasn't a surprise when he started to pay attention to what was actually happening on the small stage at the centre of the pub.

A teenager that was definitely younger than Harry, was situated on a tall stool with his guitar casually slung on his shoulder. The blonde boy had a mike placed in front of him, and was speaking into it, causing eruptions of laughters and claps from the patrons of the pub. Harry couldn't hear what the boy said, but he knew the boy had charisma. Something he didn't really have and wished he did.

Then the once-bustling pub grew silent as the boy started strumming slowly on his six-stringed instrument. Harry couldn't take his eyes of the bottle blonde, he was captivated by the smooth sound from the guitar that when layered over by the epiphanic sound of the boy's voice sounded absolutely wonderful.

By the time the song ended, Harry was on the edge of his seat, leaning slightly forward so that he could get as close as possible to the stage, to see the boy better. Now he understood why the fans were always reaching out for him as he performed with his band on stage. It was a different sensation; being on stage and being in the crowds. He'd had his fair share of attending concerts, but this was different. He actually really enjoyed being here, and not because he was friends with the performer and was made to go to their concert for publicity even though he didn't really like their music.