The Toy Gun

On a dusty shelf, hidden in the cluter, layed an untold story. A very old and worn out toy gun. Made of wood and rusted sscrews. The toy gun once belonged to a young boy names Thomas. He first got this toy at the fun age of two. Learning how to hold the thick oak pistol was chalenging at first. Soon enough he was running about waving it in the air.

His older brother Leroy ran with him. Without his own gun he was stuck to the use of finger pistols. Hyper little Thomas never forgot to take his favorite toy everywhere he went. One close call on the school play ground was all it took. At the age of five he asked his mother if she could make him a holster for it. He was bound to never leave it again.

By his eleventh birthday his cloth pouch was dirty and worn. His mother handed him a brown pape sack tied with a small ribbon. Slowly opening the sack he was very excited to see the gift inside. As he ripped the paper off slowly he was fully with joy. He pulled the new leather holster out and ran to his mother. He hugged her and said "I love you, I love you, I love you, mama, I love you!" With tears in her eyes she kissed his head and whispered "I love you more baby."

Leroy was never jealous of his younger brother. He was naturally quiet and calm, unlike his loud bizarre little brother. The boys enjoyed each other. Leroy always watched Thomas and made sure he was never trying something too risky. The boys loved each other no matter what.

The spring Thomas was twenty-three his brother was shipped out. Leroy had joined the army like their father had. Thomas had chosen to stay and care for mama. Thomas had never really ever been without Leroy... Ever. Mama prayed for both her babies every day.

Christmas time rolled around and Leroy was still gone. Mama was very ill and no body knew how to help her. Thomas did everything he could for her. He took care of the house and mama. He just wished he could do more.

Mama passed away that summer. Leroy had no idea. Thomas tried to find ways to send him news but Leroy was too far. One day while working in the post office Thomas received a call from Leroy. It was bad news. Leroy had lost his left foot and from his knee down of his right leg. Thomas told him about mama.

After Thomas heard about his brothers injures he was angry. He did not understand how all this could happen. His brother in pain, his mama gone. What was he supposed to do?

He packed away everything in the house that reminded him of mama. He came across his toy gun. He remembered his birthday, and Christmas before. Slowly wrapping the old frail wood with the brown paper he laid it in the give away box. Lifting the boxes into the truck, he thought of all the time he spent with that toy gun in hand. Mama hand spent more than she had to get that for him.

He drove down the road until he came to the road sign. Turning from Bluebell to Deese he drove on. He pulled up to the little thrift store and carried in the boxes. He gave a small glance to the box the gun was in and walked away. Leaving it in the shop on Deese road.

The End for now!