Chapter 1

"Tempus! Tempus! Get up, we're gonna be late!"

I slowly open my eyes after hearing my sisters voice, to stare at a barren ceiling only with mold from the apartment above. Which I'll have to clean when I get back from school. I sit up and the door jiggles open and my younger sister stands there with her backpack. "Brother, come on!"

"Shade, don't." I tell her struggling to stand up from my futon.

"It's not my fault that you have a headache." She pouted with her hands on her hips.

"Yea? Well its about to be if you don't keep it down... Go wait by the door I'll be there soon." I tell her in a tired, cold tone. She puffs then leaves and I close the door and sigh with my back against it. 'One of these days she's gonna kill me.' I push off the door and walk to my closet and opened it reveal my dog, Abel, an Australian Shepherd. He leaps into my arms and starts kissing my face, "Ok! Ok! Boy, down." He gets off of me and jumps onto my funton lying there. "Fine, you can stay there just let me get dressed."

- ? P.O.V -

I close in on the door and see it was wide open with Tempus' sister standing there. I grin noticing she hasn't seen me and sneak up behind her and quickly poke her ribs. She yelps and turns around to see my smiling face and pouts before turning it into a smile and hug me. "Karma! It's been so long! How are you?"

"Fine, I've been better. Where's your idiot brother?"

"He's in his room with Abel."

"And why isn't he out yet?" I question pushing her aside.

"I don't know."

"Well were gonna be late and I for one do not wanna deal with Mr. Gargl, seriously dudes got a breathing problem." I say to her waving my hand in front of my nose. We both stop at the front of the door and I knock, hearing fumbling inside I open the door to see my best friend with his underwear down and lying on his back. I look to his sister who has her eyes covered and blushing. "Shadey? Mind giving us boys a little privacy?"

"S-Sure." She managed to say without an embarrassed tone. She turned with her hands over her eyes, and walks back to the door followed by Abel. I sigh and walk, closing the door behind me. He starts chuckling and pulls his underwear up.

"So, Vinctum"

"Karma, I don't go by Vinctum anymore."

"Okay, Karma, well what you got for me?"

"I got info of course, on the guy your looking for, and our friend Jackson got in touch. Set up a meeting."

"Good, just remember to stay out of the way when I'm there." He told me putting his Black Hoodie on finally. He walks past me and puts his hand on my shoulder, "And pull Jackson back for a while, I know he's good but I'm better."

- Shade P.O.V -

I sat on the chair by my door petting Abel when Tempus and Vinctum walked out of the room. I stood with my bag in hand and with my other hand on my hip, "Can we go now?"

"Wait, Shade, switchblade.?"

I quickly open my bag "Check." I told him taking the knife I held in my bag.

"Alright, Gum?"

"Check." I put the knife back and held the gum up.

"And what do you do if you get cornered?"

"Kill them?" I ask with squinted eyes, he then smiles and pats me on the head. Walking out with Karma, and Abel, I chase after them and eventually catch up to them talking to the chick next door, never actually caught what they discussed but she did blush when Tempus smiled at her.

As we reached the bottom floor I look upward toward the sun covering the glass like metropolis of Northsilver, U.S.A. A city on the coast of the the Pacific Ocean in the lower part of California, this city has always been a place that was run by gangs, but was never chaotic, always kept in order. I never understood why, but my brother and Karma always know. Ever since Los Angeles sunk, all the small time criminals moved to New York across the country. Now the city was run by any organized gang, and always split itself into territories almost like Feudal Era Japan. The northern part was run by the gang Black Orion, a gang dressed in Black and Neon Blue, almost like a techno gang, run by Franklin Myers. The East were I went to school was run by my brother who's only profiting market was drug dealing but never to anyone younger than 18. The West was run by the Corrupt Police Force, whom all helped the others run drug through the country, these cops cheif is George Darko. Finally the South, the worst district among the city, they help us import and export drugs, they always wore Orange Jumpsuits to tell who they were and were run by the criminal Dak Greenstone, aka Tick Tock.

These gangs all helped eachother but none more so than us and the north, whom always lended us a hand when the other gangs had stragglers who wanted more power.

As we continued walking throughout the city, everybody seemed peaceful, there was no making people pay money, drug deals or anything like that during the day. The citizens didn't like the gangs but respected us for not trying to control them. We passed by a bakery and it had our gangs in there laughing with the store owner. But before I could see what they were talking about I was tackled to the ground.

When I come to I see long straight Dark Pink hair and feel myself suffocating from two fleshy mounds. "Blair, please let my sister breath."

"Okay, Temp." The fleshy mounds were removed revealing Blair, my brothers oldest friend she has been with him ever since the beginning of his gang. Behind her pink hair, two Cat Ear poked out with a Pink Color to them. She was to us a Neko, but she claims to be a demon sent to marry my brother, which makes sense since she's always flirting with him. "So, Tempus, ready?"

I turn to my brother whom had his head back and his arms open for a hug. She giggles and jumps into his arms with a smile on her face, while his was just plain showing no emotion. He spins her around and finally plants her back onto her feet and she backs away from him with a bounce in her step. "Lets go you four, class will start soon."

With that we left, the leaders of the Lost and their good friend. the gang who controls the East. My brother, the leader, who was called the Halloween King for his oufit colors. Vinctum, the informant, Blair, my brothers bodyguard and me the sister of the leader.