Chapter 1.

Legends P.O.V

I sat next to my brother who seemed to be asleep from hearing his small steady breathing. I took a look outside the foggy car window; smudging my fingers on the window to get a better view of the snow falling from the cloudy sky. I admired the pine trees which looked more like small hills covered with snow to me. The piano music that my mom played in Pandora made this moment more enjoyable. I looked far out to see if our destination was clear but, it was nowhere in sight. I closed my eyes feeling the soft, gentle music empower me. I opened my eyes to my Mom's voice telling me to wake up. She told me to carry my brother while we had a look inside our new home. It was a big house just like the other 4 we had moved to but, always ended up leaving because it just didn't feel 'right'. I looked at the big empty room that stood before my eyes. Wooden stairs and floor but, the kitchens floor was tile. I went up the stairs with my brother Jackson who was only 5 years old sleeping on my shoulder. I entered a room which from my perspective looked like the biggest room in the house. I looked at the right and saw the luxurious big bathroom my Mom was going to get. I stepped out the room and headed down the hall it had about four more doors. I went straight down the hall to the last room and it had pearl white shelves on the wall. The ground was also a light caramel brown wooden color. I felt Jackson waking up on my shoulder and I slowly put him on his feet. He knew what to do that second; he looked into all the rooms and pointed to the room next to mine. Which was going to be the one with the white shelves. I smiled and headed downstairs with Jackson's hand tied to mine. My Mom was downstairs talking to the guys who were moving our stuff. She looked all serious every time we moved into a different place. I heard my phone vibrate in my pocket and it was Dad. He texted me if we were at the new house yet I texted him yes and not to be late this upcoming Friday. It was Monday and he was finishing some business in the hospital. I went to take a look at the backyard with Jackson still holding to my hand. I opened the glass door and let Jackson go first. He ran fast outside and sat on a swing. Then started swinging slowly while I came closer.

"You need help swinging?"I asked in a small, gentle voice.

"Yes! Swing me!So high that I can touch the sky!"He said in his small high pitch voice.

"Okay." I said standing behind him and pushing hard but not so hard that he could fall off. It passed a couple minutes when he finally told me to stop. I slowly slowed him down. He then sat on a old wooden table that was filled with snow. I stepped on a solid object that mad a snap sound. I picked up the object and it looked like half a heart. Like the kind someone would get you in fourth grade. I saw I accidently snapped it in half. I pulled my long brunette hair to the side and set it on the wooden table. I took Jackson by the hand and headed inside.

"Legend did you and Jackson already pick out your rooms?"She asked me as soon as she saw me.

"Yeah." I bite my lip by the side hoping she wouldn't start talking what she always talked about every time we moved to a different house and picked our new rooms.

"Great! Now we can talk about your new school!"She said then smiling happily. I sighed under my breath feeling like I was being suffocated. I took a few steps back.

"Can we talk about this after were settled? I don't want to talk about school Mom. I have like 3 weeks left."I said.

"Why after we settled? High School is the best time of everyone's life." She smiled. No, Mom I said in my head. It was the best time of your life. Mine is just filled with Rich girls and bullies. Also spending most of my time in the library.

"Maybe we can talk to the neighbors. They have a daughter around your age. We should go say hi to them."Alarms went off in my head. Talk to my neighbors yeah that sounds nothing like me. I feel like my Mom doesn't know one thing about me. I can barely ask a question in class what makes her think I can talk to my neighbors.

"What school is it?" I faked a smile. Then sending Jackson a pleading face to help me. He giggled then came to my rescue.

"Mommy when do I get to go to Highschool? I want to go with Legend."He said sending me a sign to go hide. I slipped away when my Mom wasn't seeing and ran lightly up the stairs Into my room. I entered the room and sat at the corner seeing where I could set my furniture. I took a quick glance at the closet when something inside caught my eye. I came closer and it seemed to be a picture of 2 young girls one was a blonde with freckles and green eyes. The other was a pretty brunet with light green eyes. I grabbed the picture and set it on my pocket. I motioned my body towards the door. Then silently, I headed towards the front door to get my necklace I got when I was 10. Which was inside the car. I stepped out the house heading towards the black car. My feet slowly stepped over the white snow; that was about 4 inches deep. When a girl from the other side of the street called out to me.