Behind All Filters

Derreck's Pov

Have you ever wondered how would it feel to see something not normal? How much different it is or how awesome would that be?

Example you can see through your eyes something not normal like how one's reputation is, or one's current health status, or even someone's real identity behind those thick mask they wore to pretend. How would that feel?

I don't know it at all. I was born without it. Something that is called "Lense". It was like a gift to young ones in my era. It enables you to see something special. Either something nice or nasty. Its beyond imagination what one can possibly see. Even bits of future is possible. Everybody got it except me. I was not given the chance to have it. That is why I am called "Lenseless".

You can guess what it means. I am the trash in these era. Im different but not in a good way. I was bullied everyday on my life through physical and mental. You would guess that being hit by someone in the face very hard is painful and pitiful but for me it is not. Being abused and knowing you can't help it or do anything about it is the most painful thing for someone like me. Wounds and having a black and blue face can heal and disappear but the fact that tomorrow will be the same and those things will happen again is the scariest thing.

One would see my situation as just plain normal. It happens left and right all over the world and not just me suffers like that. That is the problem. Its a common thing but it has been happening for a long time as humanities existence and no one has ever done something to erase it or lessen it. That is why someone like me values my minimum exposure to the max.

There is only one thing I can do. Never stand out. That is the only thing that can keep me alive or so I thought.

Just one more year and I am out of this hell hole. After a year I will be crowned as an engineer and my shitty life would change. Someday I will laugh to those that pushed me down and underestimated me. When they come to me later asking for jobs because none was willing to accept them. I will spit on their faces and burn their Resumé in front of them. All of this hardship and persistence are all for my better sake.

Those mocking eyes they were so proud of because they were gifted and not me. I can make a better life than them. Just one more year and I can be free from the grasp of all evil people who did this to me. I can feel it already just one more year. One more......

-------------------------/--------------------------

Liliane's Pov

"Wake up dear. You don't want to be late." my mom sang in her angelic voice.

I love my personal alarm clock every morning. She was always this caring since I was a child and I never saw it as annoying.

"I'm up mom. Give me 30 seconds to finish my date with a prince." I replied weakly. I don't know if she heard my reply but she chuckled and I heard her footsteps going down the stairs.

I forced to open up my eyes and saw the unfamiliar or maybe overfamiliar ceiling of mine. We only moved back to New york last week. My dad finished his contract at San Francisco so we moved back to our hometown. I was glad and afraid at the same time. This place got bad memories I never wish to remember again but I got tons of friend also.

I got up and rubbed my sleepy eyes. The room instantly brighten as I became more aware. The morning sun is just outside my old window which I used to hang out when I was little. Dad always go turbo when he sees me sitting at it humming a random song.

I went for the showers and freshen up. Today is a big day. My last year and I will be graduating as an Engineer. Finally one more year and I will be out there at the working society. It had always been my dream becoming one.