Men vs. Women

Sachinbhai Patel

ENG 101 - 77

Prof. Kelly Keough

April 17, 2013

                                                            Men vs. Women

            What is a difference? A difference is the key to identify more than one particular thing separately. Actually, differences are necessary to get more points of view. We could easily figure out physical differences of two objects, but if we talk about a real life, then it is not an easy process to determine mental differences of two opposite sides. There are multiple examples of dissimilarities in ideologies, such as dissimilarities of thoughts between political parties, student and teacher, husband and wife, father and son. Hence, there are huge differences between men and women; they both have different life style, and also both do not have same type of structured brain. For example, generally, boys are more accurate in math than girls because I have female cousins who are not good at math than I am. Nevertheless, females can be excellent at math, and absolutely there are many of them who know more math than males. Thus, we can find significant differences between men and women, as especially in communication. I could discover three major differences between two of them, which are thinking, communicating, and brain.

Thinking is not much important than its alterations of views; there are many different looks of philosophy between boys and girls. For instance, if they do not have variances of thinking, then perhaps both of them do not need to get separate, divorce, from each other, but in modern world, it happens a lot because of the differences in ideologies. Boys always think direct solution of substance. For illustration, my class teacher Kelly Keough gave us a research project in class about boys and girls’ thinking differences. In this project, we drew many types of symbols, which we used on social sites to chat with each other; finally, boys came up with very general symbols. Boys just want to solve any problem as soon as possible. On the based of class research, I figured out that boys thought much worse because we had drew a more awful symbol. On the other hand, girls think broad ways of matter. Women try to find more than one solution of problem, and they also double thinks before to do something, so moral is pretty simple that girls thinks much more than us. According to the class research project, girls drew some unique signs. They drew a less awful symbol than boys’ symbol. After thinking differences, they both have enormous different techniques to communicate in a real life.

            Communication is an extra ordinary skill, which identifies each individual separately, and it is totally different between men and women. On the base of my English class experiences, I learn English quickly with female teacher than male, so this is a kind of difference of communication between them. Dr. Yvonne K. Fulbright says in her analysis paper, “Male-Female Communication: Debunking the Mars-Venus Myth,” that there are many dissimilarities of communication between two of them. Men are talkative on the based of 56 research studies by Deborah James and Janice Drakich. They found in 34 research studies that men were talked more than women. According to a 2005 meta-analysis of studies on gender differences in verbal behavior by Janet Shibley Hyde, men still have to improve their verbal skill to communicate much better. Hyde’s meta-analysis also showed that men could not able to explain anything politely. Thus, they are good to work in engineering, banking, and politics because of their views of commuting to society. Although, Deborah James and Janice Drakich just found two of the 56 research studies, which were not in favor of women. Women are pretty good in verbal skill, and it is really important to explain something very clearly. Politeness is the key thing to maintain a good relationship, and women knows very well that how to talk politely with others, and because of that they also clever to work in business industry. Overall, a skill of communication is dependents on the brains of them.

            Brain is a kind of operator system of a human body; it is different types of brain in men and women’ bodies. According to my opinion, it is all depends on us that how we treat our brains otherwise there are no huge chances between men and women’s brains; it is just type of mentality that men can not do women’ works, or women can not men’ jobs. For example, if a man gets divorce, then he must has to do his former wife’s jobs, such as cleans house, cooks meal, and takes care of kids, if he has kids. However, biologically, there are dissimilarities of skulls and brain between two of them. In “Born to Be Different?,” author Camille Lewis writes some particular differences of their brains. On the base of her essay, men have made up neurons in the brain, which is called ‘White matter.’ This neurons works to spread the information in body, and it helps men to concentrate on a specific task. Men’ brain have larger skulls, and it contain more cerebrospinal fluids; this fluids cushions the brain, and because of that men likes to play sports, and engaging them in warfare. On the other hand, women have around 15 percent more ‘Gray matter,’ which is made up by nerve cells, and it assists them to think many sides of an argument at once, and to do several tasks instantaneously. Women’ brain makes them a ‘Dreamful Woman.’ Thus, it is all depending on us that how we looking at work; it is neither men’, nor women’, work is just waiting for a workaholic person.       

            At last, there are many changes in life between men and women, but it is useful to know them because the knowledgeably is a key thing to do work successfully. For example, suppose I become a foreign minister of the U.S., and during that time, U.S. and North Korea have not good relationship, and they both are ready to war, but as a foreign minister, I have to step out for negotiation first, if it is possible. Unfortunately, I am not a polite in communication, then it might be worse, so in general, it is a type of example for communication difference that how it affects in a real life. First of all, the behavior of a person is most reliable on his/her thinking, if they thinks bad, then they would even try to do bad at some point, such as gangsters never thinks to take care of society. Second of all, communication is the easiest method to understand a person at a very first meeting. And third, nature had given us the most wonderful gift, which was brain. The brain helps us to figure out our future, but somehow it is our job to train it as much as necessarily. Men and women have above three major differences in life, but still they are using their abilities to help this gorgeous world. Over all, compare and contrast of two persons matter a lot to live a life together.