It Started With A Phone Call

It was 8:30 am on a Thursday sumer morning. "Morning Nightmare" i said petting my kitty. It was quiet as usual since my parents left for their business trip last night. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen and heard my neighbors arguing like usual and the birds singing a joyful tune. I poured me a glass of water and made me breakfast. "Want some food too Nightmare?" i asked feeding my kitten some cat food. I finished eating and went upstairs and took my shower and got ready for the day, as i was doing my makeup 'Bulletproof Love' by Pierce the Veil started playing.

"Hey Ashley, Whats up" i asked.

"Skate park now lets go, I'll meet you there ok" she excitedly said.

"Woah calm down ok i'll be there bye" i smiled. I grabbed my skateboard and my bag and walked out my house. I was almost to the skate park when i saw Alex my neighbor/friend outside his house i waved at him and smiled and he smiled back while waving. I kept walking and saw my best friend Ashley.

"Hey girl" she said hugging me.

"So why you so happy?" i asked.

"its because I get to see my dad for the first time" she yelld.

"Thats awesome im so happy for you" i smiled.

Ashley and I started skate boreding for awhile when i heard a cry,

"oww my knee" Ashley cried.

I ran to Ashley "Are you ok?"I asked helping her up.

"Yeah my knee really hurts, i needa sit down." she walked to the bench and sat thier. After awhile  Ashley's knee started feeling better so we finished skateboarding.  After skateboarding for 25 minutes, Ashley and i walked to 7-11 to get something to drink and some chips to eat, i went to pay for our food as i over heard two women talking about an accident or something but i didn't mind since stuff like that happens all the time. We walked out the store and headed back to the skate park to eat and just chill.

"I wonder what happen this time in this crazy world?" I asked.

"probably some small ass car crash again." Ashley said.

"Yeah maybe." i said. We threw our trash away and was about to leave when my phone rang,  "Hold up Ash" i said answering my phone.

"Hello?" i questioned.

"Hi this is John Daniels from L.A.P.D. Is this Jennifer Mackenzi?" John said.

"Yes why what happened?" i neviously asked.

"There was a plane crash on flight 280, and your parents were on the flight but its just that no one survived." He stated.

"What!?!?" i cried.

"I'm so sorry Jennifer, would you like an officer to come by to help you contact someone" he asked.

"Forget it no don't send anyone to my house. Bye" i hung up the phone. Ashley hugged me,

"Are you okay, what happened?"

"My parents were in a plane crash and there were no surviors" i cried and walked off.

"Wait Jennifer." Ashley ran after me.

"What! I'm sick of living now my parents are dead. WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN ME!" I screamed.

Ashley looked worried and started to tear up, "Don't say that Jenn, come on you wanna see if you could stay with me?"

"No forget it, I'm gonna go home" I said running home.

Ashley started chasing after me but she gave up because she knew I would ignore her, i passed by Alex's house and when he saw me he ran up to me.