Tangled

The rain bashed on my window, As i tried to wipe away the rain drops that made there way threw my weak window frame.

I brushed my hair and sat beside the fire that roared immensely. My dress layed over the bed...its glitter caught my eye. My wedding was in a week and i have yet to meet my Husband to be.

My father was King of Canestown...a little town of a population of 3,000.

And i was to be a Queen in a weeks time. With all the arrangements made and all the guests invited what was left for me was to sit up and relax for tonight's Town ball...The celebration of my marriage. I will then meet my Husband to be.

I shall walk down the huge stairs of my palace in a shining gown and as i reach the bottom my prince will take my hand and we will then dance for the town.

The clock chimed 8pm.

I have a hour to get ready, My gut tingled. But my heart sank. I don't want this. Marriage is the last thing i want. Why can't i be a normal girl.

I closed my eyes as the servants undressed and dressed me into a beautiful red  dress, My hair hung down my back, and a white stoned ring was placed on my finger.

It was my mothers. Her wish was for me to have it on the night of my meeting.

"The room is near full Ma'am." said a small maid. smiling as she sipped up my dress

"oh my..." i sighed

My heart was beating i was so confused. Before my mother died she had told me when i was young that i must smiled and wave at the crowds. But how can i smile. Don't they know what marriage is? It's devoting yourself to someone whom you love. I'm devoting myself to a man i don't know never mind met!

I looked out my window as the crowds came pouring into the ball room.

I sighed.

The door opened it was my father. He walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder and looked out with me.

"It's all ahead of you my dear." he said

i looked up at him.

"father..." i said closing the curtains

"Hazel you will be Queen in less than a week, Please stop worrying." he said turning for the door

"no father. Wait." i said running after him, He stopped and looked at me

"your my only daughter and my only hope Hazel...Don't ruin this for your mother."

"Ruin it for her? it isn't her wish! or her command...It's you who wants this for me!" i shouted

He began to looked down at his feet...Guilty was my first thought...anger was my next.

"Maids!" he shouted two maids came running.

"clean her up she looks a grand mess" He said walking on

I stood there tears dripping from my eyes. I don't want to become queen I want to be a normal girl!

The maids did what they were told to do. I stood there not caring...I had 5 minutes until i was engaged. I took a deep breath. cleaned under my eyes and whispered to myself.

"don't listen to him."

4 guards came and 2 of them stood either side of me.

"On three." One said

1

2

3

The trumpets blurred in my ears as i walked down the stairs...coming in contact with the crowds, some gasped in amazement. Some smiled and clapped and there stood my father. Proud and happy...While his own child was wasting her life away.