A New World Becoming

The last humans? P.O.V~

run breathing heavily not daring to look behind me I have my clothes ripped apart and chunks of flesh missing, the pain, is undescribable, I trip over a tree branch and get back up, but not fast enough the lead dog's the first to reach me, he jumps up bringing me down with his paws, I raise my hands in defense but that doesn’t stop him at all he grabs my arm in his powerful jaws and I can here bones breaking, I scream out in pain and try to kick him off of me then I remember something, my knife! I have a knife in my back pocket, don’t I? I’m sure I do, if I remember correctly, I reach for my pocket, find it, and somehow push the lead dog off of me, he lunges for me again and I let him bring me down, as I fall I take the knife and stab him in the chest, he goes limp and now all that’s on me is dead weight. I push him off me just in time to see the rest of the pack running this way, I get up and continue running, I can hear sad mourning howls and then some angry growls close by so I run faster I run to the river only to stop in surprise there waiting for me is the alpha female of the Pack of dogs. she was Looking directly at me with a stare of pure hatred. I get my knife ready but not quick enough the alpha female is quicker then the alpha male and instead of going for me all at once runs to the side of me and grabs my arm dragging me along with her, the rest of the pack comes and they all jumped on me, one scratched my forehead and blood ran into my eyes unabling me to see, I slashed around with my knife, hearing whimpers and yowls of pain, relying on only my hearing to see were my enemy's were at, but I was outnumbered. little by little the dogs tore me apart, I don’t know when my life ended, but I have much happier days now, I still watch over that pack, they actually did me a favor by killing me, if I would have survived then the world would have gone into chaos but it's all better now that I’m gone, there’s no more war’s, and the world was how its supposed to be, without any humans, that is.