Chapter 1: The Game Begins

Edit: I completely rewrote this chapter to make the rules of the game make more sense. I got confused too since I just kept making shit up right on the spot with no plan for this story. Lol. Anyways! Enjoy?

WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS DARK THEMES AND MATURE CONTENTS SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO READ THIS. IF NOT, YOU CAN TURN BACK NOW. ESPECIALLY IF THE WORD PENIS FREAKS YOU OUT. LOL

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

-----------------

"Get up," you grabbed the hair of the girl who collapsed on the floor. The girl didn't move so you raised your voice, "Get the fuck up, Sakurai!"

The fragile girl who weakly resisted was covered with dirty water from the puddles made from the rain. She trembled and shook as she tried to get up, only to be kicked again. You grabbed her hair again and blew some smoke on her face. She coughed from the smoke of the cigarette and while the cigarette's end was still lightly lit, you pressed it right on her face.

You hated her.

It annoyed the hell out of you when she couldn't do anything. Her genuine smile, kindness, just...everything about her that gave others the idea of an angelic appearance pissed you off.

You were raised by an abusive family in the city. Everyday throughout elementary school, you were beaten up by your good-for-nothing alcoholic father after you came back home. Your mother was mentally unstable and tried to kill you even though she didn't mean to. Although the neighbors knew about it, they tried to help you and pitied you for being born to this family. They were kind folks, but the scariest thing was when you take a person's kindness way too far.

You stopped beating up the poor girl. No matter how irritated you felt, you couldn't get rid of the feeling no matter how much you beat her. Why did you decide to beat her up? You had no clue. It was something that was based on instinct.

"(Last name)-san..." She mumbled through her breath. "W-why..?"

You glared at her. She immediately turned her head to the side, avoiding your eyes. You waved your hand, signaling a crowd of men to enter the alley. "Eat her up, guys."

One of the men licked their lips and confronted Sakurai. Right in front of her face, the man began unbuckling his trousers. Sakurai's eyes widened in terror. "N-no..! No! Nonnmm!!"

You watched the wretched girl get harassed by the number of men. Her clothes torn off, her hair a mess, and her body completely stained by strangers.

You yawned at the scene. Sex was no big deal. There was nothing interesting in seeing someone banging another.

You walked right out of the alley to the daily night streets. The lights from the neon signs brightly glowed and you aimlessly wandered around. Even if you stop midway, no one would ever stop by to notice and they would just walk continuously.

"Hey, babe," you heard someone stop in front of you. "You alone?"

In front of you, an older man in his 20s was hitting on a beautiful slim and tall, pretty girl who looked like a model. Actually, the girl was Okamura Akane, a third year at your school. She was famous for being cold-hearted and giving out icy blue glares.

She gave him an uncaring look and turned away from him. Wow. That went great. The man awkwardly scratched his head and fidgeted as he was just publicly rejected. He later got over it and headed in to the nearest convenience store.

Observing people has been your hobby for quite a while now. Every once in a while, whenever you wanted to relieve stress, you would come here and just look at people. It does sound weird but it made you more aware and conscious about the behavior of people.

You looked at the time on your phone. It's already the next day.

You wondered about what you should do. There's nothing for you to do at home and you don't really have any "real" friends.

"Should I just crash at a stranger's house?" You shook your head. Sure, it was fun to find a hot guy out in the streets and then have a one night stand with him. Heck, why not. There's no school today.

You looked left and right carefully for some hot dudes. There were a few but all of them were couples. You clicked your tongue. Maybe tonight you just weren't lucky.

Your phone buzzed and a notification showing a new icon mysteriously appeared.  "A new app installed?" You don't remember installing something like this but you tapped it anyways. It was labelled "INSANITY" and it introduced you to a black welcome screen with white text.

"Welcome, (LAST NAME) (FIRST NAME)"

Talk about creepy, this app somehow got hold of your name. "What is this app?"

The screen transitioned from the welcome screen to a clear white background with a black symbol of a crown in the middle. A message popped out in a few seconds:

Welcome to the game INSANITY! We have downloaded this game on your phone because of a crime you committed! That's not good, you know! But you can change the rules! Do you hate to be under current laws that you have to follow? Do you hate this boring world? In order for that to change, we need a king! If you become king, you can have anything you want and change the world! We have the power to guarantee that! To do so, follow the tasks that you have to do! If you don't, then you will have to face the consequences~ Teehee~
--GM

After that long message, your profile information along with a picture of yourself popped out:

Name: (LAST NAME) (FIRST NAME)

Level: 1

Age: 17

Second year in XX High School. She is charged with shoplifting, underage smoking and drinking.

It then minimized itself to the right hand top corner showing only your picture and level. It was suspicious. How did these people get hold of the crimes you committed and your personal information? You decided to toss that idea for now and focus on what kinds of "tasks" these are. You tapped on the button.

Task #1

Since this is your first task, why don't you steal some cigarettes from the convenience store in front of you?

Reward: $100

-ACCEPT

-DECLINE

"The reward is in money? Are you kidding me?!" You were sort of excited about the money but in this case you were disappointed that it wasn't something bigger that would leave an impression on you.

You reluctantly tapped accept and went to the convenience store. Like always, the classmate that you've always bullied around was there working as the cashier. You walked up to the counter and threateningly smiled at him, "The usual."

He nervously fidgeted and sweated as reached for your favorite brand of cigarettes. Like the good kid he was, he paid for the cigars with his own pocket money so his manager wouldn't be suspicious and handed over the pack.

You checked your phone for confirmation.

Task #1 Completed!

Reward: $100

The $100 have been electronically saved on this app. To use this money, simply go to the bank and scan your phone.

Great. Now you have some money. Onwards to the next task.

Task #2

That first task was just an easy warm up. Kill someone in the next twenty-four hours.

Reward: $10,000

-ACCEPT

-DECLINE

You raised your eyebrow and grinned. Perhaps you were waiting for something like this. The feeling of killing someone.

Only one person came up to your mind.

Your father.