Chapter 1

Maria's POV

I want into school and everyones eyes were on me. I smiled and waved at everyone kindly. I may be super popular but that doesn't mean you have to be a b*tch to everyone.

I walk over to my locker and I meet up with my friends, Ashleigh and Riley. Ashleigh was the same age as me, 17, she had blonde hair and blue and green eyes. Yes, her eyes are different colors and I love it so much. Riley is 17, but she was born before all of us. She had red hair and green eyes. She was really fit, I mean they both are but I'm not sadly.

"Hey Ashleigh and Riley" I waved to them and they smile at me. I hear the doors slam open and everyone turns attention to the front doors. My mouth opens slightly.

There was Michael Clifford and his "friends"

I'm not even gonna lie but if Michael wasn't a stupid jackass, I would go for him. He doesn't date, number one, and number two, he's rude, the rudest person you could ever meet. His friends follow him too. Calum, Ashton, and Luke.

"Uh oh" Riley mumbles. Everyone goes quiet and all you could hear are there footsteps. They looked intimidating as f*ck .

They walk past by us and everyone kept their gazes on them. Michael turned back. "What?! Stop looking at us and go back to whatever you were doing f*ckers" he snaps. I flinch slightly as his choice of words. Why is he like this?

Everyone immediately go back and chatter loudly, while Riley, Ashleigh and I stay quiet. I look at them. "I wonder why he's acting like this. He used to be the kindest person back in middle school" Ashleigh whispers.

It was true, Michael was the kindest person ever back in Middle School. He didn't disrespect girls. He always cared for them. One time, some boys were picking on a girl and he quickly reacted, getting into a fight with those boys, I guess things have changed.

"How could someone change that fast?" I asked, shaking my head. The bell rung and we all went to our classes.

I took a slight glance of my schedule

✘Harrisdale Highschool Schedule✘

Student: Maria Hailey Williams

Term: 1

Year 10

Schedule

Period 1: Math, Mrs. Sam

Period 2: History, Mr. Barks

Period 3: Mr. Crane

Period 4: Break

Period 5: Gym

Period 6: Lunch

Period 7: Science

Period 8: English

✘Remember to pick up Lunch Card at the Office✘

I sigh. Math, great my "favourite" class. I grab my black shoulder bag and I head to class. I walk into the classroom and no one was there. I guess the second bell a.k.a "the bell that people actual care about" didn't ring yet.

"Hello Mrs. Sam" I kindly say, grabbing her attention. She looks at me and smiles widely.

"Hi sweetheart, find the desk with your name on it and take a seat. The bell that people actually care about hasn't rung yet." She chuckles. I laugh along with her and I walk around the classroom, looking for my seat.

I finally find it a few seconds later, it was in middle. I place my bag on the floor and I take a seat. I glance at the seat right next to me. The paper said Audrey   Oh god. Audrey, she hates my guts. I have never hated someone so much in my life. She literally has s*x everynight with a different guy. She's popular too but she's popular because of her v*gina.

I glance over to my right and it was written in cursive.

Michael

I groan internally. I have to sit next to Michael and Ashleigh. RIP me. The second bell finally rings and all the students come flooding in. Mrs. Sam looks at everyone, displeased. The whole class becomes quiet and thank god, Ashleigh and Michael aren't he- oh wait.

Ew

I take out my jotter and and I start writing notes in it and the door suddenly barges open. I see Ashleigh standing in the doorway with slightly messy hair and red swollen lips and Michael is the same way. I stare at them with disgust.

"You guys are late" Mrs. Sam yells at them. They both shuffle to their seats and sit down.

I sink keep my head down, my brown hair moving to both sides of my head, covering their faces. I felt several pieces of paper being thrown at my right side. A few minutes later I finally turn my head over to see Michael, holding a paper ball, ready to throw it at me.

"Can you f*cking stop" I seethe. Michael stares at me in shock, but then his mouth turns into a smirk.

"Little Miss Princess has a big mouth aye? Why don't you put that mouth to good use" He smirks. I stare at him in disgust.

"Little Miss Virgin" He whispers. My mouth opens in shock.

"I'm not a virgin you dipsh*t" I shot back. He looks at me with confusion in his eyes. "So, your not the virgin mary?"

"no-"

"Mr. Clifford and Ms. Williams detention after school. Get out of my classroom." Mrs. Sam snaps. I look at her with pleading eyes but she points to the door. I grab my bag and I cross my arms over my chest and walk outside, with Michael trailing behind me.

I huff as the door closes shut. "You *sshole! Your the reason I'm here! Thanks a lot" I whisper-yell at him. He rolls his eyes.

"Stop being a baby" He huffs in annoyance. "I was going to invite you to my birthday party at my cabin that's on Saturday but your being a total *ss"

My head shoots up. A party? I've been to a bunch of parties but I guess...I've never been to um you know. He looks into my eyes with a devilish grin..huh.

"Well, give me your number Miss Perfect, I'll text you the address" He says, handing me his phone. I stare at it. "Take it, I won't bite."

I grab his phone and I put my number in his contacts. I hand him his phone back and the bell finally rings.

"Bye Miss Perfect!" He waves at me, with a big smile. I laugh a little

"Bye Michael."