Crossing Swords

Crossing Swords

Chapter 1

Storm's POV

I pushed harder and harder as I peddled home from school. I felt the burn in my legs as i stood up and put all my might in to it. You may be wondering why I am pushing myself so hard to get home. Well, I'm not going to tell you. And if I did there would be no point and nothing to think once I got there. So for now I'll just introduce myself.

Hello,me name is Storm Deran and I am 16 years old. I will be 17 two monthes from tomorrow. My grade average is 4.0 and I have exactly zero friends. I never knew my mother and my father isn't really the best role model. But I'll get to that later. I enjoy video games sword fighting and fighting.But my favorite thing of all is to go on walks in the forest by my house. I have long black hair, very pale skin, and bright green eyes with flecks of purple in them. I'm 5 foot 7and am an average size. I like listening to rock music and writing my own.I love to sing on my own and I believe that I am actually good at it. But, my invisible friends don't answer me and if I had real friends I'd hope that they would encourage me in it.

As I pulled up to my house I jumped off the bike before it came to a stop and received a long,deep, and slender cut all the way down my left calf. I muttered a few curses under my breath before looking up at my house.

My house was an old one floor, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen wreck up a place. The front lawn was more of just a puddle and mudd and the drive way was covered in garbage. The front door was covered in mold and definitly wasn't sanitary. The whole house,in fact, was covered in dirt,mold and holes. the windows were so covered in dirt that you couldn't see through them and the one by my sleeping bag had a hole in it that sent in a cold breeze in the night.

I ran upto the door and pushed it open to see a few things;

-my father drunk

-him making out with a strange women on the ground

-a sign on the door that said our house would be taken away by 12 tomorrow afternoon

-the blood dripping off my leg and on to the carpet

I quickly dropped my bag and ran back out the door and in to the forest. I guess now would be a good time to tell you why I was rushing home so quickly. Well, it's simple you see. I was expelled and they were going to call home and tell my father. Well, my father probably screamed at them that they were wrong and called them a mix of dirty words because he was drunk. This is what I mean about a bad role model. Every day when I come home he's with a new women, gone, or passed out. But I'm getting completely off topic now. But, I believe you now know why I was rushing home. So I'll be moving on now.

My feet carried me in to the forest and then I started running fast and hard forward while dodging roots,branches and more obstacles in the forest. I always ran far but never as far as I had run now.

I've been running in to this forest straight ahead for around 3 hours now and it was 8 o'clock at night. It was almost pitch black in the forest and I stumbled quite often over things on the ground. But I couldn't stop going. I knew I'd never be able to find my way back by now, but I didn't care. There was nothing back there for me. I kept going at it for another 2 hours until I felt quite weak. Gradually, I guess had been getting weaker but I had thought nothing of it.

I looked down at my left leg and saw that thecut was now infected and puss was oozing out. There was still blood pouring out that had now drenched my socks and my only pair of shoes that I could run in. I sat down feeling weaker than ever and felt dizzy and faint. I fell back and passed out.

Nathan's POV

I woke up to the sound of screaming in the next room over in the shack and I quickly sprung up. I grabbed my sword and rushed over just in time to see a long silver blade being pulled out of my father's chest as he fell to the ground and landed next to my mother's cold and dead body and the wooden floor. I was filled with rage when I looked up to see my heartless uncle wipping my parents blood off of his sword and on to his white, but now crimson red, hankerchief. What I did next I never thought I could ever do.