Chapter 1

Summary: AU. "Her eyes were always guarded, hoarding unspoken secrets, but her walls crumbled every time she looked at you."

Lela and Butchy moved to a new town, a new school: Windy Bluff High. All should go smoothly for the two siblings, or at least they hoped. Everything then changed once a certain brunette stumbled into Lela's life. Who will fall first?

Pairing(s): Mackela (Lela/Mack) endgame. Maybe some minor Branner (Brady/Tanner) with some background Butchy/Giggles, among others.

Rated: T, for language and whatnot.

-

Disclaimer: I don't own Teen Beach Movie or any of its characters.

Author's Note: Reminder - this is an AU story - a High School Alternate Universe. The main characters of Wet Side Story are included in this fic, or at least mentioned. Mack and Brady did not get together over the summer but became "bros," of sorts, and Mack doesn't go off to that prep school. Takes place in the fall of 2013, after the summer of the first movie.

I did my best with Lela's character as she is now from our world, not from the movie, so she's a bit different - more modernized. I hope you like my little twist on things. I tried my best with such a loose plot.

Enjoy the story!

~*~

Your Eyes Gave Me Hope

HellYeahFeels

~*~

Chapter 1: First Encounters

~*~

"Lela! Hurry's it up! We supposed ta get there early!" her older brother, Butchy, yelled from downstairs.

The siblings were new to this town, only being there for a week, and needed to head to school before everyone else to retrieve their schedules. They already knew of the busy day ahead.

The raven haired girl blinked at herself in the mirror, her bright blue eyes widening comically. "Oh jeepers!" she exclaimed, hurriedly applying lipstick. The thought of arriving early to school completely flew out her mind and now she was paying for it.

Lela grabbed her black shoulder bag and rushed down the stairs. Her sneakers pounded against the leveled steps. "I'm so sorry, Butch! I totally forgot." She smiled weakly at him, shifting in her black Chucks.

She wore a black t-shirt with the words 'Pete's Garage. Motorcycle. Parts & Services' centered in the middle. It was the name of the man she worked for. She and Butchy saw the 'Help Wanted' sign from the repair shop while walking to a local Ben and Jerry's and both siblings signed up for the job as they were good with motorcycles. To finish her outfit, an open thin grey jacket and a pair of dark shorts were around Lela's figure.

Butchy raised a brow, tugging on his fingerless leather gloves. He was in a tight red t-shirt with a leather vest and dark jeans. A pair of shades were held by the collar of his shirt. "It's aight. C'mon. Ma and Pa left for work so I'm takin' us. Just grab somethin' for breakfast. I'll be outside, checking on the bike."

He slipped on his red and black backpack with its diagonal zipper, making sure he had everything. The brunet then headed to the garage, leaving Lela to gather her breakfast.

Lela sighed, running a hand through her wild hair. Well, I might as well get something. I don't even know when I'll get lunch. She nodded to herself as she strolled into the kitchen.