Colors

Wonwoo was born with an ability of seeing colors in people. Everyone he met seemed to have a distinct color within them; unlike him. He was neither bright nor dark, he was a compromise between white and black, he was gray. He never felt he was special but he did emit an aura of elegance but it was never glamorous. In short, he wasn't something, but is still acknowledged by people around him.

 There were times he did wish he was a different color, like yellow, where he could be more optimistic. Sometimes he wished he was blue, so he could create a sense of inner security and confidence. Or even red, where he can exude a powerful and masculine energy.

 It wasn't until he met Yuil, he felt as if his color is slowly changing. They met through a friend, after how his friend continued to bother him to. Yuil, in a sense was colorless. Not in a way where she did not have any color in her at all, no. She had no color, but instead colors. Wonwoo noticed how her color was never a set one even for a moment, it was what attracted him to her.

 It was because of her where Wonwoo's colour would change from a gray to a silver, whenever he was with her, he was more livelier, he felt a sense of sensitivity. His color would change from a gray to a black whenever he fought with her, emitting a sense of emptiness without her. His color had started to reflect the energy she gave off to him. Sometimes his color would turn pink due to the unconditional love he felt. And green whenever he felt as if other guys tried to hit on her. He changed to colors he never knew he could. Because of her, Wonwoo had started realizing his self-worth, slowly appreciating his color. It was her that made him experience and learn.

 But a sudden question popped into his head. Why was she attracted to me?

 While they were laying side by side on their bed, he decided to ask her. Why? He wasn't as distinctive, he wasn't as bold, he was gray, a color that does not stimulate, what was interesting about him?

 Her answer was simple, gray was a neutral color, a color that can suit and look good with different colors. Yuil was a person with different colors and Wonwoo is able to understand her. They complimented each other.

 That same night, while they were sleeping next to each other soundly, the colors in them slowly turned to a bright one, white, a color of perfection. An equal balance of all colors in a spectrum. The meaning of purity, wholeness and completion.  With each other, they offer a sense of peace and calmness, protection and encouragement. Wonwoo had finally understood the true meaning of colors, his feelings.

Maybe being gray wasn't so bad after all.