Are You Still Down ?

• Dedicated to Chardinae Ruf

Chapter 1- Papa Paparazzi! -Lady Gaga

"Fuck" , I whispered to no one in particular, scrambling through my over sized Juicy bag, looking for a tube of lip gloss. It was the last day for me at Kinsington Tech High School and I wanted to look my best. Our school didn't favor in proms, graduations or special events for seniors so they bribed us into coming the last day of school to take pictures and have dinner to award us our diplomas. It was really shitty to me. "Bre you better hurry your ass out of there,ain't no more pictures being taken so I hope your not getting ready for another paparazzo photo shoot! ", Kelly yelled from outside the bathroom door. "Here I come !" , I replied with a slight giggle. I hurriedly applied a nice amount of Mac lip gloss that gave my lips an astonishing shimmer and made my exit. Me and Kelly swaggered our way to the rest of the girls and Kelly filled me in on some gosip. "Giiiirl! Let me tell you", she started. "You know Jaylen's homeboy Ace right?" I nodded "Yeah,what about him?" Kelly shifted her body to one side and spilled the beans. "That dumb ass nigga done got Jamira pregnant again and she told Asia she don't even know if it's his girl!" I wasn't even surprised because that's all Kita does is run the streets. "Wow, yall and yall famous gossip", I replied dryly. 

After talking to Kelly, I walked over to were Jaylen sat, laughing with his friends I could never learn to like. "Hey Jay" I greeted, taking a seat next to him. He gave me a hug and spoke, "Hey buddy". Before I could even start our conversation, Ace interrupted. "Damn you don't see our black asses at the table?" I ignored him and turned my attention back to Jaylen. He seemed to not be moved  by Ace. "So what we getting into after this?" I asked him. I was really looking forward to hanging out with him that day. He sighed and smoothed his waves with the face of his hand. "Shit we was gone go to the bowling alley, have a few drinks and just chill." " Who is we ?", I asked, trying to make clear of who he was referring to."Me and my niggas" he confirmed. "Yeah, yo ass aint got no parts in this!", Ace joked, butting in again, "Ace shut yo broke ass up, this a A and B conversation, C yo ass out !", I snapped. Jaylen's friends began to laugh at the two of us,but Ace became a little embarrassed, knowing everyone knew he was Jaylen's lil worker and Jay was collecting the most profit. Then he spoke again. "Yo ass wanna be wifey, running up behind my homie every chance you get! Dumb ass."  That was my peak, and I just got up and left. Ace always interfered in stuff that had nothing to do with him. Jaylen on the other hand always sat there looking stupid. 

When I reached the parking lot, Kelly was calling my phone. I took in a deep breath and answered,getting into my navy blue Dodge Charger. "Hello?" I answered. "Whats wrong where you going?". I told her about the lil activity I had with Ace and she laughed into the phone. "Girl fuck him, he just mad he ain't got a best friend like you! " Kelly assured. "Do you think I go over the limit with me and Jaylen's friendship?" I asked Kelly. "Well somewhat, but you two are like brother and sister,fuck them hating motherfuckers." I laughed a little, "Well I'll talk to you later girl," I said ending our conversation. 

The summer was officially in and my parents were out the house like crazy, leaving me in the huge flat we owned. My parents side was usually quiet , but I felt so bored that I stayed home doing nothing. My side of the house was cool and exquisite, but there was no life to it. Just boring. "Honey, me and daddy are leaving. There is food over here in the oven if your hungry! I'll see you tomorrow." my mom yelled from the bottom of my stairs. She did this on the regular. Her and my dad were always in and out making trips to the hospital were they both worked as surgeons. I  got use to it so it was no big deal. "Okay, love you guys. And when you get a chance bring me some more of that pecan ice cream if you don't mind!" I replied. "Okay sweetie". That night I stayed up watching "Ridiculousness". Before falling to sleep I got a text from Jaylen.

Jay- sorry abt the other day. i just wanted to chill with my team

Me- But you knew i wanted to hang with you