love&lifeless

~ So I've never posted anything on here before, and my writing is terribly unrefined so any comments and/or criticism would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :) ~

“Kiss me” I whisper softly loud enough to just be audible to the boy directly across from me. I smile and hope he doesn’t notice my lip quiver. He leans in and his lips barely brush mine, but it is enough to have my head spinning and my whole body tingling. I’ve waited so long for this to happen, and finally after years of pining after him my wish has come true.

He laughs as he leans back in his chair with a smirk and a look in his eyes that cuts right through me. It’s a look that lets me know that he, and everyone else in the room know how his kiss made me feel. My face heats up and I shift my gaze away from him. I’m suddenly embarrassed and I want nothing more to leave this party and return to  my ever comforting bed. One game of ‘spin the bottle’ has really made me make a fool of myself. I chastise myself as I move swiftly across the room, cutting through the crowd as quickly as one can while everyone is dancing together. 

As I am walking away I feel my airway constrict and my nose begin to burn, the way it always does when I am about to cry. My eyes begin to prickle and I know that if I do not leave immediately everyone will see me crying and my life will become worse than it already has since my father left. I try to take in a shaky breath but something stops me. My throat has swollen up and I cannot take in a single breath, but not because of tears. I gasp for breath as I stumble across the floor but no air comes to my rescue. 

My chest begins to scream in agony, protesting against me for air. Stars form in front of my eyes and the world topples backwards. Wide eyes and open mouths rush towards me attempting to break my fall, but no sound reaches my ears. A dull buzzing hushes the crowd and I begin to think I prefer it like this. I see rather than feel my body hitting the ground. My chest is about to burst, and the crowd begins to fade but one voice screaming my name breaks through the haze. The one voice I have wanted to hear more than anything else. But like everything else it does not last. The haze consumes me and my world fades to black. 

The pain in my chest recedes and I take a deep breath in. Wind from no where blows my hair back from my face and lifts a huge weight from my shoulders. I feel relieved and more happy than I have felt in a very long time. I smile and bring my gaze to my toes. My eyes widen and I am filled with confusion. Not because of my feet, they are completely normal. But because of the space surrounding them. There is nothing, nothing but white. 

COMMENT :)