Calradion- Siege of Exdrule

As a child Drai roamed the steppes that were spooted all over the continent of Calradion constantly searching for food to support his nomad clan, that was vulnerable to attack from steppe bandits and travelling brigands. His father was a cloth tailor while his mother was a cook like the rest of the women. Over the years adrai had become a skilled marksman from hunting rabbits, graxing deer and the occasional bison on the steppe. He also learnt to recognize valuable herbs from a distance. All was going well in his wandering nomadic clan...

A few years onwards the two neighbouring kingdoms Juikla and Noiloe waged war upon each other because of the want of land to house the increasing populations. Drai's clan belonged to the kingdom of Noiloe but they tried to avoid the raging wars. A war band of Juikla war deserters rode into the camp yelling to all the nomads to bring all there coin and goods otherwise they would taste their blades. The nomads started to pile all their belongings in the centre of the camp under the watchful eye of the deserters. After the flow of gold, clothing, baskets and many other things stopped they searched every tent for anything that might be valuable.

The nomads were left with no warm clothing or blankets and no food other than two baskets half filled with herbs, berries and a bit of dried venison. to survive the winter. Everybody including the women were rushing around the steppe trying to find any food that they could add to their dwindling storage of foodstuffs. Many of the men were too weak to draw bow strings enough to pierce a bisons thick hide. Although in a group they could bring down a few deer with their wooden spears, the meat was instantly hung on drying racks so they could eat it when they were travelling looking for more game. Hides were prepared in a few days fit for making clothing warm enough to keep out of the piercing cold of the winter.