Chapter one

"For the millionth time, I'm alright dad" as I had to explain to him again.

"Are you sure you have everything you need?" he asked.

"Yes dad" I said kinda annoyed.

"Well go on" he said a little sad.

"Ok" I responded.

The truth is I didn't want to go, I was terrified and scared but I pushed that all away.

"I'm ready dad" I said.

He gave me a hug and I huged him back. I really didn't want to go with my mom. She lived all the way in El Paso, Texas but I had to go, cause of the courts ruling.

"Dad?"

"Yeah"

"Will I get to see you during the year while I'm with mom?"

"Maybe" he responded but it really wasn't reassuring.

"Ok" I let go and so did he.

My mom honked the horn to get me going.

"Bye dad" I said for the last time.

"Bye sweetie" he said.

I was about to start walking away when he grabed my hand and put something in it.

"Here" he said "this is for you, take good care of it"

I looked down at my hand and recognized what it was immediately. It was my grandmothers golden locket. She had given this to my dad right before she passed away.

"No dad I can't take this" I shook my head and holded out my hand for him to take it. He grabbed it and said "turn around".

"But-"

"No buts" he interrupted "I don't want to discuss with you right now"

"Ok, just because I don't want to argue with you" I obeyed and turned around. I lifted up my hair so he could put it on me correctly.

"There" he said.

I turned around to face him.

"You look beautiful"

"Thanks dad"

I walked to my mom's car and before I climbed in I waved to him goodbye "Bye dad, I love you"

He waved back "Bye, I love you too Emma"

I climbed in and my mom zoomed away. I looked back and the house got smaller and smaller until it was out of my sight.

"Well the real fun begins!" my mom exclaimed.

"Yeah. Out of Oklahoma and into Texas, what real fun it is" I said sarcastically, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

------------------------------------------------
Hi! I always wanted to write a book so I am. Um I hope y'all like what I write. Plz follow me on Wattpad, like this chapter and leave a comment about what you like through out the book. Um enjoy and yeah I guess that's it.