Taking Part: The Author Games

MEMBERSHIP: Welcome Citizen!

In order to take part in any events offered by Official Wattpadem, you will need to become a member. This can be accomplished by completing the membership form located on our profile bio. You will need to provide a Wattpad username and you will need to choose a Citizens Sector. Although it is optional, we recommend that you take the created quiz in order to aid you in this decision. You can also give us a valid email address (which will be kept secret) and we can send you updates.

THE GAMES: The Six Stages.

BEFORE THE GAMES BEGIN...

Before the competitions begin, potential tributes will have the opportunity to read through chapters explaining the concept, rules and Gamemakers of those particular Games. Then, when the Games themselves open, they will have the opportunity to reserve a particular tribute (for example District Five male, District Nine female), for which they will then be asked to create a character. These reservations can either be offered on a first-come first-served basis, or in a more complicated manner involving auditions. The exact method of reservations will be announced and make clear before the Games begin.

Character swaps and reservations via someone else are not allowed. Tributes cannot be reserved before reservations open or put on hold.

CHARACTER CREATION...

To create your tribute, you will fill out a form which will include all base information needed throughout the Games. If needed, Gamemakers will have the power to make certain alterations to a tribute, for example: confiscating district tokens, removing information that may be considered to give the tribute an unfair advantage, and in some cases changing the age of a tribute. Mostly, they are not allowed to make any changes without the consent of the writer and will usually ask the writer directly to make the amendment. They will not ask for amendments to be made in the case of badly-written forms or unrealistic characters. Writers will have a set deadline to complete and submit this form between their first reservation and the first task.

TASKS...

The tasks will be created by the Gamemakers and will consist of a scenario that the writers must write their tribute's reaction to. This scenario will usually contain compulsory actions, such as having to suffer an hallucination, kill a mutt or attend a feast. The tasks may also require a certain number of 'kills', where a tribute will take down a fellow competitor, either publicly or through 'ballots' given in a secret list at the end of the entry.

SCORING...

The Gamemakers will be charged with the task of marking your entry out of twelve. Twelve being difficult but not impossible, six/seven being middle ground and zero if an entry was not handed in. Two Gamemakers will always mark an entry. Your tributes initial score will be the sum of the two marks. The death toll will subtract how many people killed you by your score. At the end of each task, the tributes with the lowest scores will be put up for elimination.

VOTING...

While in elimination, the public will be able to vote on who they want to advance to the next round. Those with the highest amount of votes will be saved, whereas those who have lower numbers of votes will be eliminated from the competition, or 'killed'. Votes can be cast in many different ways, either by comment or PM, and the method and number will be decided by the Gamemakers and explained on the voting chapter.

and lastly, VICTORY...

The Games will eventually end with a final, with all other tributes eliminated over time. The final Victor of the Games will be decided by a public vote after the final task.