Prologue.

*Dan's POV*

I didn't know how to feel. Was I supposed to enjoy the feeling of knowing I was going on a plane alone, which by the way was the first ever plane I went on, to go meet a family who I have never met or spoken to before in my life? I heard they had a son but I wasn't expecting what I saw when I went there. To have them take me in; I was expecting to meet someone who liked me for me, you know? Not someone who completely fucked me up in every-way possible.

Well, I guess really he did like me. He just never liked himself? On the outside he looked and acted so much like a devil, however on the inside there was a charm; a bit of hope that he held onto for dear life. As much of a twat he seemed to be and acted like, he loved the way I could play piano even though I was never really that good; or the way I reacted when someone brought up anything that could give me an existential crisis. He never knew how to handle that.... But he tried anyway. Even if the way he tried was awful and just made it worse. I could see why his dad didn't want him to follow in the family's footsteps of being a doctor, instead he had a different ambition. An ambition nobody would've seen in him... But he didn't tell anyone that.

He was always adventurous in the worst ways possible and I didn't like that. I didn't want to be around that; I didn't want to get involved. I just wanted to sit out and do my work.. But he showed me a life that I never thought I would see. He showed me danger, fear and, best of all, he showed me love. Not just any kind of love.... No. He showed me true requited love which was the best feeling in the world. Well, for as long as it lasted.

With any love comes problems and normally those problems are small, able to sit upon and let go of sooner or later.. But no.. The love I experienced had one of the worst problems one could think to go through in a relationship and there is no going back on this one. I fell in love with the one person I should've never have even looked at in that way.

And it was all because of a lie.