On the road.

" Abby " wake up, mum called from down stars, "your breakfast is ready and we have to leave in 25 minutes".
I open my eyes in a flash to see my fan spinning fast above my head, I stumble out of my warm bed and onto my cold wooded floor, realising that I am heading to my first town today to start the team penning.

I have been doing team penning for a couple of years now and wanted to make something out of it, so I pulled out of school to travel around NSW doing it.

"Coming " I call to my mum,
As I walk down stars I catch the smell of mums homemade pancakes.
I reach the bottom of the stars and mum is serving me a plate with 4 big pancakes on it " hey Hun hope you are hungry" she give me a little smile, " how did you sleep"?
" yeah alright, you? " I ask her in a sweet tone as she hands me my plate of pancakes with ice-cream and strawberries, " yeah good thanks ".

As I attempt to eat me 4 pancakes ( which I don't ) I check my phone to see if I have any Facebook notifications, snap chats act.

I put my plate in the sink, while mum is packing the rest of the stuff we needed,
I head up stars to get reading, I put on a pear of my wrangler jeans with my kelly gang team penning shirt, my boots and my hat walk out side to get my horse ( Lucy ) she is a chestnut quarter horse, I get her from her stable and load her onto the float.
Mum is now sitting in the truck waiting for me, dad is at work so he isn't coming with us.

We leave and mum has got luke Bryan playing as loud as she can on a cd she thinks he is hot.
Well I guess he is alright but he's not my type, she is singing as loud as she can..... It's gunna be a long trip.

We arrive at our first town and it looks like a nice little place, as we are driving through the Main Street and pass a sing " Lyndhurst " I whisper quietly " yes " mum chucks me a smile.

We head into a big gate with a sine that says LYNDHURST TEAM PENNING on the front of it, we enter the big gate and into a long line of trees standing in front of us down the driveway to the camping site, I glance with my mouth dropped to the floor and my eyes wide open to the site of how big this place is and how Manny people there are here, a small smile enters my face, mum terns to me and laughs at the look of my face.

We find our place to camp and set up, I put up Lucy's yard and give her some water and food,
Once we have done I go for a walk around to have a look at my competition and meat up with my team, I walk down past the people that are camped beside us and a ball flys out and hits me on the arm, a boy with dark heir and dark eyes runs towards me, he is wearing a light red shirt that is tucked into his dark wrangler jeans which is over his boots and wearing an Akubra, " OMG are you ok I'm so sorry" he says in a panic, wow he is hot!!!! " y-yeah I'm ok " I grin, the boy smiles and puts his hand out to shake mine " lane, I'm lane " he giggles " Abby " I carefully put my hand into his and feel a warm shiver down my spine, " nice to meat you, are you competing"? His smile is like a beautiful rainbow on the edge of a waterfall, " yeah you "? I question " yeah, good healthy competition" he laughs as he walks towards to ball that hit me on the arm, I just laugh " you will be sorry you said that, after I kick your but" I through him a cheeky smile, "and why are you so sure about that " he throughs that smile back, I just laugh and start walking back to my camp, " haha nice meeting you" I say as he tips his hat, " you to " he walks back to his camp leaving me with the biggest grin on my face.

Hey !! I'm sorry that this chapter was so short but it's my first chapter so I though I would get to the chase a bit quicker and sorry it didn't have much detail.
🌸 kirsten 🌸