-Prologue-

"Where is he... He's late!" He pelts his knife to the wooden floor, handle facing up so it stands straight in the floor close to his hostages he is keeping handcuff to the foot of the bed.

"Are you crazy?! You could have killed us!" Her voice echoed through the small house as she tugged on the hand cuff that kept her restrained.

"Don't worry, I'm keeping you alive until he gets here. Then I'll make him watch you die. Or you to watch him kill you himself." He runs his fingers down her jaw line. "But I'm sure I can keep you alive if you follow by my rules and join me."

He slowly nuzzles his nose into her neck taking in a whiff of her scent before nibbling on the soft skin of her neck.

"You're insane!" One hostage just manages to kick the back of his leg giving him a warning.

"Fine then. But you are all going to be screaming for me once he gets here. If he bothers to show up!" He pulls out the knife that he stabbed into the wooden floor before and walks over to the window cleaning the knife's blade.

"He never breaks a promise." Another hostage who sat beside her, also handcuffed, says with a softness in his voice both knowing who they were talking about.

"Even if he never breaks a promise, he's going to have to break one when he gets here." She exhales in worry.

"I know..." He lays his head against the bed frame.

•••

A pain pounded against his chest from running.

He quickly looks down at his watch checking the time.

"Shit." He picks up the pace running at fast as his legs could let him still cursing under his breath repeatedly.

Not now. Not her. Not them.

Not him.

----------

A/N: so this is my new story 'One Last Promise'. I've always wanted to write a mystery/thriller story since I really enjoy reading them. I swear 90% of my library is mystery/thriller. This story will have some sensitive scenes so brace yourself to enter the dark place that is my ideas and story lines and literally my mind. Feedback it greatly appreciated and I really hope you can help me support this story and all that jazz  c: and welcome to the world of 'Promises', we've been expecting you.