Chapter 1, Coming Home

Alaska's POV

I walk up to the house which is meant to be my dad's. My mums last words to me before she died in the car accident were "Alaska, my beautiful girl. Promise me you'll find your father, he is a good man. You will have big brother and you will fit perfectly in the wolf pack." I will never forget her. Even though I'm 4 I will make sure I remember her.

I walk up the old wooden steps to the big white door. I just hope they accept me. I knock on the door waiting eagerly for a response. I hear a loud thudding sound coming to the door who ever that is they walk funnily. The door is pulled open and standing in the door way is a tall, muscly, tanned boy with short black hair. He must be my brother. He smiles at me a big goofy smile then leans down and says "Are you lost? Can I help You?" He so nice! I hope he accepts me. Alright, Las, use all your courage. "Umm, actually I'm hear to see my father, he lives here." Before he can reply a man in a wheel chair come up behind him. He has long black hair and looks like me. He's my father. "Jake, who's this?" He asks. Should I answer or will the boy? I think I should go to speak but no the boy does for me. "Dad this little girl claims that you are her father." My father looks at me then his eyes widened. He looks at me then at The tall boy, then back at me. He clears his throat and says "I think you should come inside, both of you." He finishes, then leads us inside.

I sit down on the old couch. The boy sits next to me in a chair and father sits in his wheel chair across from us. "OK so I think I should being from the beginning. But first of all us all introduce ourselves. I am Billy but you can call me Dad. Thats Jacob he is you older brother." He stop and takes a deep breath before beginning. "4 and half years ago I went out one night and I came across a lady at a bar. We talked and as the night went on we did some..things that led to her being pregnant. I told her that she could raise the baby on her own. She agreed but she wanted me to help name her, or he because we didn't know at that point. After the baby was born she called me to meet her one day at cafe. That day when we met I saw a very beautiful girl that needed to be named something unique. So after a very long talk we decided to her Alaska Melodie Black which is you." He says in my direction. "Its been 4 years since that happened and now hear you are." He finishes. Wow, I mean wow. I look at him in the eye and ask in a tiny voice "Will you let me stay with you?" I say. He looks at me with a big smile on his face and says "Of course! We will look after you until the day we die Alaska" The worlds biggest smile on my face spreads and run as fast as my little legs can carry me and give daddy a big hug. He hugs me back with all his might. "I love you daddy!" I manage to squeal out. " I love you too Alaska!" He excepts me. I can't believe it, but what about Jake?

I turn to look at him. His elbows are on his knees and his face is in his hands. Maybe he doesn't want a little sister. He looks at dad and says "So you are saying that I have a little 4 year old sister?!"  Dad nods slowly and I anxiously wait for Jake to reply. He stands up slowly and before I know it, he is giving me a bear hug. I hug him back.  My big brother loves me. I can't believe it. I have a family!

"We are going to be best friends!" Jacob says excitedly. He's just as happy as I am.  "So, can I take you on a tour around la push? I can show you the cliffs, the beach, you can meet the Cullen's, Bella, Nessie oh and the pa- I mean my friends." Jake says finishing a bit softer. OK Las, now is the time to tell them you are a wolf. "Umm, Dad, Jake I need to tell you something." I say. They look at me expecting me to go on. OK, here I go. "I'm a wolf. I know about the wolf pack, what imprinting is. I know that the Cullen's a vampires but there good because the drink from animals. Oh! I did some research and I won't stop aging until my brother did, so that will be at 16." I finish. They look shocked. Both of their mouths are in an o shape and the eyes are massive. They look really funny. I start giggling at their facial expressions. They look at me like I am crazy then smile. "Well thats good, at least we don't have to hide anything from you. Except until you are older there is no way you will be doing patrols." Daddy says. I smile at him. And he returns the smile. "Hey Jakey, you know that tour of La Push you said you would give me. Can we do it now?" I am pulling out my puppy eyes and little voice. "Of course we can Alaska." He says. Yay! "Oh and by the way, I like to get called Las, or Lassie." I say. Sometimes Alaska is just to long. Jakey smile and says "Alright Las, let's get going."