Chapter 1

It all happened so fast. I have now truly lost everything haven't I? My family and now my one and only friend.                  
I started walking up the hill. There lay a lonely house that use to belong to my mother. I ran into my room where all my memories were held. When I thought everything was going to be ok.

There was a picture of me with my momma, papa, and my little sister named June. I don't know why I kept that picture. My sister died on that day. My mom said she had a heart attack while they were walking to the park, but no one knew why. My momma caught a disease the following week. She only lived 3 hours afterwards. It was then just me and my dad, until he abandoned me one night.

I fell asleep thinking, why did it all happen to me?  My mother and sister loved me, yet suffered a tragedy, and my father who I thought loved me, left me. I was a disgrace to him probably.

I fell asleep thinking about what might have been. What my life was like before. There was only one word to describe it. Perfect.

********************************************************

"They are going to get you. You must wake up."

"Alexa! No it can't be, your dead!"
I saw it with my own eyes. When the bullet went through her chest.

"Please Dimitri leave this place. You'll end up just like the others."

Who?

"The others! Dimitri leave now!"

"Wait!.. what happened to 'the others'"

Alexa is silent

"What Happened Alexa!"

Another long pause.

"TELL ME!!!!!"

Alexa Sighed and stared at Dimitri.

"They were all killed."

***************************

Dimitri woke up trembled. "What the hell was that!" she screamed. She ran towards the bathroom and started splashing her face with cold water. Alexa can't be alive. She died 2 years ago. I saw her in my arms dead. How could she be alive!

And who was she talking about. They were after me, going to kill me? I need to see her again to talk to her about this place, but how? I mean, I don't know where to go to protect myself? Nor do I know why I have to protect myself? From my own dreams or the recurring nightmares.

I got out of the bathroom and walked out the door. I kept thinking and thinking while jogging in the misty night. The moon was dark, but still shined bright behind the clouds.

I needed to fall asleep again. I kept pondering on the idea until I fell on a branch. I fell in the mud and started groaning.

"Sometimes I just hate life." I muttered, but surprisingly with that blow, I began to fall asleep again.

******************************************************

Hello? I yelled.

Where am I

I have never had such a realistic dream before in my entire life-

That is why I know something is wrong.

ALEXA! Where are you!

I started pacing around. All I saw was white. There were no curtains, tables, or even walls. Just white.
I kept on walking in the mysterious room until a door appeared.
Should I grab it. It could bring me to safety!- or my greatest fears. I stepped away from the door, but decided to go in afterwards. I'd rather try than fail, I told myself.

I steped over the threshold and found myself in a black room. There was not a light switch, but I sensed that there were lightbulbs in the room. I wanted to escape but felt my self trapped in a box like a caged tiger. I went to lay down on the floor until I felt a body underneath my palm.

I screamed in panic and all of the sudden the room turned red while an alarm went off throughout the hallways. There lay the body that I fell on. I stared at it. It was a girl with brown hair and her eyes were staring at me with hunger in them. She began to crawl, slowly and carefully with her eyes content on my face. She then immediately grabbed my leg and bit into it. I whacked her while I felt the blood flowing down my leg. She kept on coming and I kept on hitting her screaming in fear. She was like a wild animal. Abnormal than any human I have ever seen. She growled and clawed at my face, pounced like a lion and growled like tiger. I kept on fighting, until I saw her eyes.

They stared at me with want, but also fearful. They reminded me of something, but I did not no what exactly. Her lips were as red as a rose with my blood on it, but she looked beautiful. Her hair flowed down her back with wrinkled curls throughout. I then recognized her.
    "Alexa?" I whispered.
    " It's about time you've noticed" she said with a grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! Hoped you guys enjoyed Chapter 1 of The Pursuers. My first story on WattPad.

Please Comment! Any suggestions would be great!