One

"You need to remember, on the day of your Changing, you are very dangerous to those around you. Just try to act like it's any other day, it usually lands on your birthday, so use that as an excuse. Maybe you're having a bad day? Feeling sick? Tired? The options are limitless, and this is all part of becoming One of Us."
I hid my phone in my desk as I distantly listened to the teacher go on. I tapped on my calendar. 7 days until my birthday party. Word spread around like a wild virus around at my high school and it wasn't like I was popular or anything- I was just a normal guy, right...?"
"During your change you might experience extreme mood changes, and might even feel your Change coming in. On page 322, it describes different symptoms of different Changes. Ethan, please read the next paragraph."
I jerked, and my phone smacked down face first on the floor. "Sh%t..." I whispered.
"What was that?"
"Oh, ugh.."
"Mrs. Adams?"
Mrs. Adams' gaze flew to a girl I thought had never spoke in her life.
"Um..." The girl noticed all the eyes on her, and she went quiet. Mrs. Adams had forgot about me, my phone, and I took the opportunity to snatch it up, and seeing my phone was cracked to Hell and back, thanking the girl that I hadn't sliced my hand open, and looked back to her. The bell decided to ring right then, and I was struck out of my gaze, staring at the girl from before..."Hey man. You ready?" I hopped up and grabbed my stuff, looking at my friend Jasper. "Yeah man."