A Day Without You (Julia Montes-Daniel Padilla) JulNiel fanfic

Hearing birds in the morning made Julia cover her ears in irritation. Her ears ringed loudly and noisily this morning.

Ugh. Dammit.

She still wanted to sleep. The light from the sun glowed on Julia's face, making it impossible for her to resume sleeping. She covered her face with her hands and complained. Turning the opposite direction to where the sun wouldn't hit so much. That's probably when she noticed. She opened her eyes , curiously, with her hands passing through the sheets.

Empty!

They were empty!

Huh? How?

She sat up abruptly. She looked to the left.

He wasn't there...Where-? Where was he?

She sat down and thought. Someone was missing. This was the first time that she has woken up and Daniel wasn't laying down next to her.

Oh god, Where is Daniel?

Not wanting to register reality she thought for a moment that she was dreaming or maybe this was all a nightmare.

Daniel wasn't here. Daniel wasn't here...and why wasn't he? Why he wasn't  here?

Relax Julia, she thought for herself,trying to calm down the nerves that were rising in her blood. She tried to find out what happened. Again she turned around and looked at the bed, only to see if Daniel was really there.

No.

Daniel wasn't there.

*Shoot.

Where did Daniel go?

This wasn't normal. It wasn't normal that he wasn't with her. Julia put her head back in the pillow. She closed her eyes again to see if this was a nightmare or if this was part of a trap.

Now Julia was worrying. She suddenly remembered the yesterday night. Last night Daniel and her had got into a fight. She remembered that they were furious at each other. In fact they were so mad at each other that they didn't talk the rest of the night. They were so furious that both of them marched to their bedroom without a second glance. She bit her lip hard while crossing her arms. She remember clearly what had happened. This could only mean...

Daniel had left her. Maybe he was still furious at Julia and yesterday had really got over his head that he couldn't take it anymore. Well..it wasn't that bad of a fight. Julia had said some offensive words, but Daniel was already use to them. She thought again. She stayed in pure silence, trying to think logically. Now the bed felt cold without Daniel. Of course it would be cold without him by no doubt.

Julia looked at the clock, 7 in the morning. It's still early, she thought. Maybe Daniel was awake and was somewhere in the living room. Or maybe he was in the kitchen. Maybe he was here after all. With that hope she jumped out of bed, rushing out of her room.