Prologue: A job needs doing

(Percy's point of view)

Camp Half-blood is beautiful in autumn. The air is still comfortably warm, but the leaves turn incredible shades of red, gold and brown. Right now, I'm sat in Athena cabin with Wise Girl and her brother Malcolm, doing my maths homework. Normally, I'd be at home, but Mom and Paul are away together and I will definitely need help.

"Knock knock." Annabeth sighed. "Who is it?" She called, hardly glancing up from her physics homework. "Kelp Head's in there with you, isn't he, Annie?" Replied a familiar voice. Thalia. Annabeth jumped up and ran to open the door before hugging Thalia and saying, jokingly: "Don't call me Annie, Thals." Thalia rolled her eyes and said: "Hello Malcolm, Kelp Head." "Hey Pinecone Face." Was my response. Malcolm just waved. "Does Jason know you're here?" Was Annabeth's next question. "No. I didn't feel like walking in on him and Piper. I saw them through the window of Cabin 1." I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, a head of curly black hair appeared behind Thalia. Leo Valdez. He snuck up behind her then yelled "IT'S GRACE GIRL!!!" She jumped and hit her head on the doorframe. In between bouts of uncontrollable laughter, I choked out "Leo, run!" Thalia had sparks flying from her eyes as she turned around. Suddenly, Calypso came round the corner. "Hey, you three. Have you seen Leo?" She questioned calmly. "Yes." Growled Thalia. "He just made me bang my head." Calypso smiled. "I'll deal with him. Oh, here comes Jason. See you!" She ran off after Leo as Jason and Piper walked over. Jason hugged Thalia, as did Piper.

Suddenly, Rachel ran over to us. "Percy! Chiron wants to see you, Leo, Annabeth and Calypso in the Big House now! Like right now!" Then she was off, to find the lovebirds probably. Me and Wise Girl looked at each other and ran to the Big House where we met Leo and Calli. Yes, I gave Calypso a nickname. Calli is much easier to say than Calypso. Anyway, Chiron called us into the conference/ping pong room. Once we were all seated, Chiron said "I have a job for you. There is a demigod who needs your help. She is at the same school as Drew and Grover. Drew is bullying her to test her reactions. Percy, Annabeth, Leo, will you go into the school? Grover can smell a monster but he doesn't know who or what it is. All we know about the girl is her name, Susan, and that she is powerful. Extremely powerful. Calypso, we need you to monitor from outside using the Spark." We all looked at each other and, in unison, called: "Yeah!" Chiron nodded. "In that case, may the gods be with you."

A/N
This is 3 weeks before the main storyline and Grover is her closest friend at the moment. Feel free to give me suggestions or point out problems.