What? Where? WHO?

As the light flashed into my eyes, I immediately regretted opening them. I closed them shut, and started opening them slowly. Slowly, my surrounding was becoming clearer and I could finally make out where I was. White walls, white tiles and a wooden door. Similarly, I was on a white bed with white sheets and a white pillow. Confused, I started looking around myself. On my left was a monitor, connected to me through weird wires. It had lines on it I guess it was a CPR monitor, or something like that. Wait, why was I connected to it? Crap, crap, crap. Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into this time. What happened? Where am I? More importantly, WHO AM I?!

Panicking, I started hyperventilating. The machine beside started beeping vigorously and within 10 seconds a team of doctors and nurses rushed into my room. 

"Miss Karen, glad to see you're finally awake. I'm Doctor Nelson." An old man with black, slightly greying hair spoke up. He had a white coat over his clothes, a green button-down shirt and black pants. Judging by his looks, he was in his early 30's. Mind, shut up. I really should stop checking out my doctor. Karen he said, right? Huh, nice name.

"Uh, hi?", I tried replying, but my voice merely came out as a croak.

"Oh, would you like to have some water?" He replied. I nodded, as a yes and a glass of water was given to me. I gulped it and savoured the cool water that passed down my throat.

"So, how are you feeling?" He was seriously asking me that? I woke up in a hospital room, I don't know what's wrong with me and I don't even remember who I am! Yeah sure Doc, just peachy.

"Um, great? Why am I here again?" What I said caused confusion among the various doctors and nurses, but Dr. Nelson remained calm.

"So you don't remember what happened? That's normal. Well, this may come as a little bit of.. shock to you, but I'm afraid you were in a car accident."

A CAR ACCIDENT? He's bluffing.

"You must be kidding me."

"Sorry. but you aren't being 'punked'. He gave a heart chuckle at his own joke before retaining his composure. "You were speeding from the wrong side of the road and crashed into another car. You hit your head, and had a few broken ribs, but other than that nothing fatal."

NOTHING FATAL?! I can't even remember who I am you idiot! "The thing is, I don't even remember who I am.." Now that surprised him. Take that Doc.

 "Oh, I see. You hit your head pretty hard, so this may have caused amnesia. Thankfully, it wasn't anything that serious, so the 'bruise' will heal in some time and you may even regain your memory."

"What do you mean by 'may'?"

"At this point, we can't really say anything. Time will tell. I would advise you not to try too hard in remembering anything, this may cause severe headaches. Just let it heal slowly."

Great. Just great. 

"Tell me something about..well, ME."

You? Oh um.. Your name is Karen Michaels, aged 29. You work as an assistant to a magazine editor, you live in an apa-"

"Wait, how do you know all this?"

"Actually-"

And that is when a screaming woman broke into the room.

"I AM HER BEST FRIEND AND YOU'RE STOPPING ME FROM SEEING HER?! HOW DARE YOU!"

He continued. "She told me." He smiled sheepishly.

"KAREEEEN!"

I winced at the sharpness of her voice. "Um, who are you?"

"You must've hit your head pretty badly, now haven't you? My name's Jessica, but you call me Jess. I'm BFFL. Oh and we live together." And then she gave me a bright smile.

"Hi then, I guess." 

"Don't worry, love. I'll get you up and ready in no time. You can count on me!"

"Miss Sullivan here was listed as your emergency contact number. We found your details on your driver's license, after you were brought here."

Then it hit me. I hit another car! Shit! What if I killed the other driver?! It was my fault! OH NO.

I'M A MURDERER!!

"Um, what happened to the driver in the other car?"

"The other driver? Oh he's fine. A few cuts, but other than that he's fine. Infact, he's been waiting outside to hear how you're doing. Poor lad felt very guilty. He even covered your medical bills. Would you like to meet him?"

I let out a huge sigh of relief. I AM NOT A MURDERER!! Well, I don't see any harm in meeting him.

"Yeah, sure."

He told one of the nurses to call Ryan, which was his name apparently, in.

Jessica spoke up, "Oh he is one good looking man."

And in stepped the most gorgeous man I have ever seen. As I looked into his eyes, a strong sense of deja vu hit me and I knew instantly, that I was in trouble.

 A/N: Tell me what you guys think and if I should continue this or not :)