The CEO's Son

THE CEO'S SON © 2016

All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or any means by electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise without prior written permission from the Author or Publisher. Any infringement of this is a violation of the copyright law.

A single copy of the materials, either quotations or phrases that are available in this story, may be made solely for personal, noncommercial use. This is a fiction work. Some of the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Individuals must keep any copyright or other notices contained in or associated with them. Users may not distribute said copies to others without prior written consent from the Author of the materials. Thank you.

— @labinedemple —

PROLOGUE:

For years, my life back then was indeed simple – unlike now.

"Are you okay?" She asked as a twinge of sympathy came across all over her face.

Do I look like I'm okay?

Everybody asks me if I'm okay, and all I can say is, "Yes, I'm okay."

Indeed, I'm not. I lied.

Thus, denying one's self feelings was a bit of a race. But fooling myself was a choice, hence, it was also an option.

Now and then, the rotten memories and indelible moments from the past keep throbbing back into my mind. It keeps reminding me of how pain, grief, and remorse become an entire cause of tragedy in my life. I never wanted this. No one ever wanted this. No matter how easy it is to turn it off, it keeps trying to fight its way back in.

"This was all my fault." I blurted out.

"No, it wasn't." She insisted.

"Yes, it was."

There were times when I wanted to run. I wanted to run away far from the reality that I was in right now. Like how I wished, I never existed.

But no, I can't.

I just can't go back and change everything in an instant from the past. When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt and how it isn't easy to forget.

But some things wouldn't go certainly as the way you planned. Sometimes, you have to let it in and see what happens.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! How are you all doing?

Anyway, I've been planning on this story for how many days. And finally, it's done! Anyway, I will publish the next chapter within the next few days. So, stay updated! Thus, I can't wait for you guys to see how it goes. And I hope you'll like it as much as hell as I do!

Don't be a reticent reader! Therefore, keep in mind that voting and commenting on my story is always free!

I guess that's all for now. And I love you all!

D.A.L