Chapter 1

Baylee is not the most popular girl in school, in fact, she was the nerdiest girl in school. Learning was her favorite thing to do. School was literally her second home. She had one best friend and that was Laney. Laney had a better style and she wa kind of the "It Girl" and people sometimes wondered why she would be Baylee's friend.

"Hey, today we are having cheer tryouts! Wanna reconsider your last decision?" Laney said as she ran up to her friend, Baylee, then she raised her eyebrows an grinned real big. "Um...no I don't think it's a good idea." Baylee frowned at her friend and crossed her arms. "Really? You would do great! Just do it. For me?" Laney pouted and put her hands on her chest. Baylee made a mad face at her. "Ugh...fine!" Baylee slammed her hands down on the table she was sat at, eating her lunch. "Good and don't -" Laney then caught her friend focused on something way other than the demand she was giving. "Baylee, what are you-" by this time Laney had turned around and saw the new boy. "Who is he?" Baylee kept her eyes on him. "I have no idea but I'm gonna find out." Laney ran over to him. Baylee immediately went back to what she was doing. Laney usually did this and Baylee would let her, what chance did she have?

"Hi! My name is Laney." Laney held out her hand to the boy. He furrowed his eyebrows signifying that he was weirded out but she was pretty so why not? He smiled and shook her hand. "I'm Luke... Hemmings. Luke Hemmings." She immediately batted her eyelashes. It always worked. "Nice to meet you. Let me introduce you to my friend Baylee!" Laney grabbed his hand and pulled him toward where Baylee was sitting. When they reached the table Baylee did not even look up. "Luke this is Baylee. BAYLEE this is Luke." Baylee took off her glasses which she hardly ever did and wiped her eyes and looked up. They had been watering anyway. "Hi... Luke." He nodded and smiled. She was pretty too maybe even prettier than Laney he thought to himself. "Hi Baylee." Laney nodded her head and smiled. "Ok,well, we're gonna let you go now Luke." Laney pushed him away and off he went.

"He's cute ha?" Laney raised her eyebrows and moved them up and down. "Yeah... I guess so."