Crime Thriller - Deadly Focus - Teaser!

RC Bridgestock - Bob & Carol

Between us we have nearly half a century of experience within the West Yorkshire Police Service and their experience and involvement in high profile cases has provided the fuel that brings their writing to life.

DEADLY FOCUS is the first in the DI DYLAN SERIES in which Bob brings unique insight and experience from how real life cases are conducted into page turning gripping fiction, aided by his wife Carol, who also worked for the police. This combination adds authenticity rarely seen in British crime fiction, coupled with warmth, humour and humanity.

Be prepared to experience the sense of emotion, tension and intrigue through the eyes of a man who has taken charge of many real life murder enquiries and his co-author wife, to make this fictional tale believable in every way.

Deadly Focus is a fast moving, gripping thriller in which the reader travels with DI Jack Dylan throughout his enquiries, living and breathing the pursuit of the sadistic murderer, through his eyes. A schoolgirl vanishes; everyone becomes a suspect. Murder is chilling and full of mystery; nobody’s child is safe. It is the ultimate and relentless test for the man in charge of the enquiry and his team but the killer is one step ahead and another body is found.

Will it prove too much as both Dylan’s health and private life begins to suffer? DI Dylan is under the microscope and struggles to find a balance between his passion for his job and his love for his partner Jen. Will he be able to maintain the impetus to bring the perpetrator to justice and secure justice for the victims’ families?

N.B – All books in the series also stand alone.

Deadly Focus is also availabe in audio book. The enhanced and unabridged MP3 version is available to download from various online stores soon and to buy direct from Caffeine Nights website as well as various branches of Waterstones. Become immersed in the world of D.I. Dylan with a stunning reading by Paul Ansdell that is a Caffeine Nights and Electric Breeze Audio production.

ISBN-10: 1907565086

ISBN-13: 978-1907565083

Audio Book – ISBN – 9781907565304

Listen to Chapter 2 which is Chapter 1 of ‘Deadly Focus’ FREE https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/book-plugs/id438892483

Chapter One

Nine-year-old Daisy Charlotte Hind was proud of the striking, red, curly hair that cascaded down her back in a haphazard fashion. She was often teased and called names like Carrot Head or Copper Top, but she didn’t care. No one had hair like hers at school. It was special, her mummy told her, just like she was.

  Being a bridesmaid for the first time was so exciting; Auntie Sam and Uncle Tom were getting married, and they’d told her all she had to do was look pretty. That couldn’t be too difficult, she thought. Daisy loved all the attention the wedding entailed. The grown-ups laughed at her as she stood on the kitchen table being fitted for her dress.

  ‘Stand up straight now,’ the dressmaker mumbled with pins in her mouth as she altered the hemline. ‘Look forward. Don’t look down. Let’s have a twirl now. Gorgeous.’

  The bridesmaid dress was ready at last, and Mum had picked it up. Daisy thought she would just burst with excitement as she skipped home from school that day.

  The dress hung proudly on the living room door as Mum and Daisy walked into the house.

  ‘Yippee,’ she said with glee as her mum took off its plastic wrapping so she could try it on. Daisy bounced up and down with joy, her arms waving feverishly in the air as Wendy lowered the dress over her head.