Chapter 1: Weakling

Lucy's P.O.V

"Mira I'm so useless," Lucy said as she slammed her head at the bar table. "No your not, Lucy if you were useless Natsu wouldn't have even put you on his team," Mira tried to cheer Lucy up but it just made her feel even more useless.

"In our last job Natsu got injured because of protecting me," Lucy said, she felt like melting into a blob of shame. "If only if I could become stronger... WAIT A MINUTE, Mira could you train me to do your magic," Lucy felt so excited of the idea of her having take over magic almost made her fall off her chair.

"Well I could, but it will take years to master," Mira said. Lucy slumped back into my seat, and back into her hopeless mood.

"I'll be heading home now," Lucy said as she stood up.

Mira glanced over at the clock and frowned, "but it's barely five o'clock."

"I know, but I don't think anyone would need me this afternoon." Lucy sighed. Saying those words out loud made the pit in her stomach feel even deeper, but it was the truth. On the last mission Natsu, Erza, Gray, and Lucy had to go on a very difficult mission that involved infiltrating a large group of bandit that was terrorizing and robbing merchants traveling through the forests surrounding Fiore. It had taken almost two months to find their lair and confront the four bosses who were very strong mage, who ran the whole group. Everyone had to fight one of the bosses and everyone bested them... except for Lucy.

She was cornered and was beaten, but Natsu came to rescue her...like always. What made Lucy feel even worse was one of two things, Natsu got seriously injured and that this wasn't the only time this had happened. He always came to her rescue and always gets hurt the same thing happens even if it isn't Natsu. She was just an extra chore for her comrades, and at the end of it, they would all get an equal amount of the reward even though she barely did anything. That thought just didn't sit well in her stomach.

"See you tomorrow Mira--" just before Lucy could leave the counter she felt someone put their hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Natsu and Erza, Happy and Gray behind him.

"Oi Lucy," Natsu said. "Let's go on a job together."

Lucy felt shocked that they still wanted to invite her to a job even though she was just extra baggage. Her gaze wandered to the healing wound on Natsu's arm and felt a wave of guilt rush through her veins. "I-it's okay, you guys can go without me. I'll just take a break today."

Natsu scrunched up his eyebrows. "C'monn it's a cool one this time Lucy! It won't be the same without you there," Natsu whined.

"Yeahh, c' mon Lucy," Happy said. "It's not gonna be as fun." Erza and Gray nodded behind him.

Something in Lucy knew that there wasn't any way that they were gonna take no for an answer. If she was gonna go, then she made a promise to herself, she wasn't gonna let herself be a damsel in distress, this time she'll be more helpful. She took in a deep breath and smiled. "Well, okay then let's go."

Natsu's P.O.V

"So what're the details about the job you told me about?" Erza asked as walked towards the train.

Natsu dug inside his pocket and pulled out the crumpled flyer about the job. "It's about a demon that has been terrorizing the neighboring town towards the north. It doesn't have much information about the demon but it has an address about the person who had written the request."

"I see..." Erza said. "I guess we should talk to the person from the address and get some more info about this demon."

"I don't think we've dealt with demon's before," Gray said. "Monsters, evil mages, bandits yeah... but demons?" Just from his tone, Natsu could tell he was a bit uneasy about this job.

"So what," Natsu shrugged. "It's just another bad guy to take down. But, I guess it might be a bit hard for someone with cold feet."

Gray balled up his fists, "what was that?!"

Before anyone got physical Erza stepped between the two, "both of you stop, keep the fighting spirit for the job."

Behind Erza, Gray, and Natsu, Lucy walked alongside Happy a noticeable distance away from them. Lucy looked like she was in deep in thought, and wasn't saying much for a while. Actually, for the whole week, Natsu has felt like Lucy was trying to distance herself from him. Maybe it was because she was crying the last time he has seen her when he got injured. Maybe she felt a little guilty?

Natsu turned towards her, "Hey Lucy, you okay? You haven't said anything in a while."

Lucy broke whatever thought she was in and looked up at Natsu and smiled, "Yeah I'm okay, I'm just... it's nothing." Lucy couldn't even make up an excuse since her mind has been wandering around the same topic in her mind over and over.

Natsu studied her concerned face and it was obvious something was on her mind, "Whatever you're going through, just know that you don't have to keep it to yourself." The expression on Lucy's face lightened a bit.

When the group reached the train station and boarded the train, Natsu's legs felt like soggy noodles and his stomach felt like a volcano about to erupt. Lucy put his arm over her shoulder and help him walk over to their seats. If only there was a quicker way to get to a location other than a vehicle, Natsu thought.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hope you all enjoyed my VERY FIRST CHAPTER AND FIRST STORY :) . Please tell me on what I should improve on in my stories in the comments. Talk to you guys later bye.

REVISION VERSION

*wow I haven't seen this story for three years lol I'm just gonna rewrite sum for fun:))