Chapter 1

He had me trapped. I realized it yet I'd played right into his bloody claws. I couldn't stop, fear ate at my common sense. Just as he reached for me, I was shaken from my slumber.

Waking up in cold sweats, it took me a while to realize I had been dreaming. Groaning, I dropped back onto the pillow. This was the fourth time in a row I'd had that same dream.

Why God?!!! WHY?!!!! I mean, I have never even been in the forest. Why would I keep having dreams about somewhere I've never been? Was it a prophetic dream? Was I going to meet a beast with claws? Wait, aren't those werewolves, but that can't be right werewolves don't exist.

"Annie, get up. It's time for school!" My mom roared all the way from downstairs. What's the need to shout women?? Not like I can miss school anyway. I have to get perfect attendance, get into a good university, and bye-bye Pennsylvania.

"COMING!!" I shout back, jumping out of bed. Well, better to get this over with. I strip down and jump into the cold shower water.

AH!!!!!

It's alright, I'm alright. The stinging means I'm waking up.

Hurrying up with my shower, I dress comfy, a warm baby blue sweater and black tights paired with black combat boots laced up. Warm and cozy, perfect for the bitter cold wind outside. Once done dressing, I look in the mirror. While I might not be a fan of makeup, I am in fact still a girl and like checking out my appearance in the morning.

Ah, my face, my beautiful face! I had a pimple!!! GOOOOOOD why was I cursed with such sensitive and acne prone skin. Rambling on about my cursed fate for quite some while, I fail to notice my brother standing in the doorway.

"You do realize I'm not gonna wait for you" He says coolly. See, the thing with my brother is, he's very, very good looking. And I'm not being biased because he's family and all. I legit mean he's handsome. Girls dig him, not anyone I know though, because that'd be weird. And the thing with him is, he knows it. That's why, my brother, Rein, is cocky to the max. And me being me, am bit of an awkward butterfly and Rein refuses to let that down. He'll ignore me in school, only approaching me when he needs something, like money if he forgot his wallet or headphones, which I always carry around with me. Thus, due to his bitchy ways, my brother and I continue to clash on numerous fronts.

Scowling at him, I leave my hair down, better to cover the new pimple with, and shove past him to go downstairs. As I walk downstairs, I beautiful aroma of pancakes drifts up to me, resulting in me tripping over the carpet in the living room on the way into the kitchen.

"PANCAKES?!" I shout, delighted.

Shaking her head at me and smiling slightly, my mom hands me a plate with 3 pancakes and a bottle of syrup. As soon as I start eating, Rein comes downstairs and also takes a seat beside me. We eat in silence, enjoying the beauty that is pancakes, until we hear a horn from outside.

"Let's go" Rein states and he gets up, already done with his plate and grabs his backpack. Rein quickly heads outside, not even waiting for me, as I scramble to get my backpack and shoes and jacket on.

Breathing heavily, I make my way outside to find a beautiful Audi R8 parked in my driveway. That's not my brother's usual ride. See, my brother's friend drives us to school and he usually has an old rundown car he purchased with the little money he saved up.

But seeing this beautiful car sitting in thedriveway, I am certain this is not my brother's friend. His parents would neverbuy him a brand new car. So who could this be??