Chapter 1: The Beginning

"Harry! What the hell are you doing here?" I squealed. "If my mom catches you, we're dead!"

     He chuckled in response. Typical Harry. "Just open the damn window or I'll fall and die even before your mother can kill me!" His accent and humor never failed to make me feel.

     "Damn it!" I huffed in defeat and stood from my bed, opening the tall window that lead to our backyard where Harry would usually sneak in when we were little kids. It had been years since he last did this, wonder why he's doing it again now. In all due honesty, I'm not even complaining. At all. If there's one person I would want to be with until my last days in this world, it would be him.

     "I'm irresistible, I know." He cockily stated as he flopped himself on the edge of my bed. You really are, Harry.

     "What do you want?" I rolled my eyes playfully at him, positioning myself by the headboard, sitting and glaring at the beautiful boy, or should I say "man", right in front of me.

     The Styles family had always been close to mine. I thought I was going to grow a tight friendship with Gemma, Harry's big sister, but as I grew older I realized that I was more of a boy than a girl. So I chose to get stuck with Harry. We've been inseparable since. We shared toys and everything else. Harry would come over every single day at home, or sneak in at night when he didn't get the chance to see me in the morning. We grew up together and built our dreams together, too. We wanted to be pilots ever since and that never changed with him up to this day even if I've decided on becoming a photographer instead. It's insane how close we are. Harry is my favorite person in this planet. He's funny, painfully good looking, and a genuinely wonderful person.

     "Did you hear what I said?" Harry asked, distracting me from my backtracking. "You seem out of it." He had his back on my bed and eyes on the ceiling as he spoke.

     "Sorry", I replied. "Finals in college is fairly messed up but you already knew that. What were you saying?"

     "We're moving back to England." He coldly said, momentarily knocking me out of my senses.

     "Excuse me?" I retorted.

     "You heard me and you heard me correctly." He held his gaze on me. "We're moving back to England, Sin. And really, really soon. First thing in the morning, unfortunately." I love it when he shortens my name.

     "But... What about college? Harry, we're almost through! Just another month and we're done!" I was frustrated and I didn't even bother hiding it. "What about everything? That is crazy! What about..." I was gonna say "What about me?" but decided against it.

     "What about what, Sinead?" As if he's reading my mind, a small grin plays on his lips, obviously knowing what I was going to say. "Hmm?"

     "What about this place?" I lied but he knew it. "This is your home."

     "America's not my home, it's England." He sighed. "Don't get me wrong, I love it here. I mean, you're here and all. But I need to go back home. We all do."

     "Why?" My voice cracked as I asked. His eyebrows instantly furrowed in concern upon hearing the change in my tone. He stood up, only to move closer by sitting beside me.

     A breath hitched in my throat as he surprisingly leaned his head against my shoulder, carefully playing with the strands of my long hair.

     "I never really liked blondes, you know." He whispered, causing me to chuckle. "But you've always been perfect to me. I never really thought about how that was possible."