The Nano Experiment

Author's note: Forgive me if the paragraphs are short or over-descriptive; this story was originally a graphic novel. Please point out any issues in verb tense.

The setting of this story is fictional.

Introduction

I sat on the top of the Wikenshire skyscraper, looking down at my dear city.

Though the buildings were tall, the city itself was hardly noticed. Maybe a few nearby areas knew about it. It was the perfect size. Sitting on top of the skyscraper, I had an almost full view of the city. If I put my goggles on, could see any alarms blaring and any blue lights flashing. With my hood over my ears, I could also hear loud cries for help. My cape allowed me a quick and safe descent from the skyscraper, and my boots would get me to the problem in minutes.

Obviously, I am not your average everyday teenager. If I told you that all I have to worry about is girls, hormones, pimples, the normal teenage guy stuff, then I would be a liar. Of course, that wouldn't be anything new. It's just that I lie enough already, and, frankly, I am sick of it. Don't get me wrong; I could fool a lie detector. But when half your life is a lie, it's time to stop stretching the truth so much.

That's why I'm talking to you. Someone has to know the truth, and I figure by the time someone reads this, I shall be dead or free.

After slipping on my goggles and hood, I slid myself off the skyscraper, knowing that my cape would save me from certain doom.

Author's note: Please help! I'm having a little trouble with my verb tenses here! Can any of you totally awesome writers/reader's help me?