The Best Day Ever (and Mitch Grassi's Idea that Made it So)

Hello people of Earth! All I have to say is that this story came to me while I was watching a Superfruit video in which Mitch and Scott prank call someone (which was hilarious, by the way) and I had just watched the Frozen medley... and the "Pop Goes Broadway"... I may have a... slight... obsession with Pentatonix and Superfruit (like, the thought that occurs to me is, "Why don't I have best friends like this? I need friends like these guys." Enough of my ranting though). Anyway, just a funny little one-shot about what happens on the best day ever, and Mitch's idea that made it so awesome a day. Hope you enjoy! :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

    Today would be the best day ever. Here's why.

    Well, it all began with the fact that Mitch Grassi loved shopping, and Mitch Grassi was going shopping... on his birthday.

    Every time Mitch would go shopping, even if he made a point of calling it "window-shopping" to keep from maxing out his card or spending all his cash, he would always buy something. It would be something he liked at the moment, and he would use it once, maybe twice, and then he wouldn't use it much after that. He'd probably forget he had it after it got stuck in that closet in his bedroom.

So Mitch went to the mall while Scott had gone out with Kirstie, Kevin, and Avi to discuss "music, um, stuff" (poor Scott was such a terrible liar) as Scott had so eloquently put it. Mitch's birthday was today, and he was guessing that the others were planning something to surprise him. He didn't mind it, and he would be surprised enough when the time came, so he shook it off and carried on with his "happy birthday to me" trip to the mall.

Passing by stores and looking, Mitch became intrigued by a particular wig from one store he was bypassing. This wig was nearly the same shade as his hair, long and wavy, and it had a side-swept bang, reminiscent to Mitch of his own. He walked into the store and up to the wig, stroking it and finding it incredibly soft. As Mitch carefully took the wig off its mannequin, he knew this would be yet another something.

"Hi! Excuse me, is this for sale? I'm, um, a stylist, and this would make for perfect extensions for my client's hair. I just love the curls on the ends," Mitch asked the half-dead-looking cashier at the counter, hoping she believed his story and wouldn't question him. That would be a menace to further explain.

"Yes, this is for sale. If this is all you're buying, your total will be $16.87," the cashier answered him in a dronish manner, almost as if she hated the very thought of her job. He paid the woman and left the store. Walking into another store and looking at clothes, his thoughts went back to the wig in the bag he was holding. He decided to go try it on in the dressing room.

Once in the dressing room, he put the wig on. Looking at himself in the mirror, he broke out into laughter. I make a pretty girl, Mitch thought to himself, quite amused with the aspect. With his beard being recently shaved clean off for a dare he had done on Superfruit and the wig on his head, he looked sort of girlish.

This was right about when the idea struck. Oh, they will roll over laughing once I'm done with this, he thought to himself. Mitch always did love making a good costume. He decided to go shopping for some clothes that would suit his "costume".

Today, he was going to dress up as a girl.

Mitch found (first and most importantly) a bra that would fit him and make it look like he had boobs (an asset fully essential to his costume; Mommy did nothing halfheartedly). He then found a cute turquoise and black striped midriff top with scrunched sleeves, black tights, and a black high-waist knee-length pleated skirt that went really well with the shirt. The biggest challenge presented itself in looking for appropriate shoes.