Chapter 1

It had been a rough week for Jack, no one seemed to be able to do their job or turn papers in on time. He couldn't throw them out due to it resulting in the papers never being turned in so he just had to wait.

He sighed, rubbing his temples, there were so many miscommunications going on between him and company. He had to completely reorder about 5 different things, at this point anything make him snap.

Jack had his head resting against the desk as someone walked in talking about how the system was down and there was no progress being made.
"God would you just shut up!" he snapped, his head was killing him and the last thing he needed was someone barging in and telling him about how there's more problems for him to fix.

"U-uh well I just thought you might have wanted to know" the voice squeaked, Jack could hear the shuffling of the person's shoes as he dragged himself up out of his chair.

"Do you have a brain? I thought I told you to shut up" He said through clenched teeth. At this point he was seething as he walked up to the person, eyes closed and still trying to rub away his headache.

"I'm s-sorry" the voice whispered, that was it, the small sound had pushed Jack past his breaking point. He raised his arm before harshly bringing it down, striking the person in the face. He could hear a choked "Jack" from the person, the voice sounded familiar, the headache had made it hard for him to concentrate on who's it was. He quickly realized who it was his eyes shot open, Rhys.

Rhys has his hand covering his face where Jack had hit him, his eyes watering. Vaughn had warned him about this, Rhys thought, Jack was harsh and bound to hurt him one day but he never actually expected Jack to hit him.

"Rhysie" Jack muttered horrified "I-I'm so sorry" he reached his arm out in an attempt to comfort Rhys, but he had flinched away at Jack's touch. Only then had he realized the harm he did to the man he loved, he had really hurt Rhys. He grabbed his own wrist holding his arms close to his chest as Rhys turned on his heel, broken sobs echoed throughout the room as he left. Jack could only stand in a state of shock and horror over what he had just done.