Thoughts

Sad. It's always so so sad in the darkness. 

My name is Drake Merwin but people prefer to call me "Whip Hand" or "Monster". They've got a good reason to call me those names, because they are exactly what they call me. It's not an insult and they aren't mocking my sadistic ways, it's just what I am.  

"Whip Hand" 

"Monster" 

I enjoy it a bit actually, I know they aren't mocking me, I know they're afraid of me. Afraid of what I might do to them. Afraid of my "Whip Hand". It makes me feel powerful. 

I am a monster and I like it that way. Back when I was still a human, they only saw me as a freak sadist, now I have more power than them. 

More power than before. 

My mind was in a haze when I first got hold of Sam again. His sandy blonde hair and his "surf dude" style was easy to spot when it came to Perdido Beach kids. Back then, after I found out what my excuse of an arm was made for, my first goal was to take revenge on Sam and what he'd done to my arm.

He'd burned it off.

I've got a new "arm" now. 

This "arm" was some sort of whip. And not just any sort of whip, but my whip. And I could do oh so many things with it. 

I was still with the Coates kids, with Caine and Diana. Others too, lots of kids were from Coates, many of them stayed with us but most of them went down to Perdido Beach. I was stuck with all the psychos from Coates Academy, that school where all the messed up, sick minded kids like me ended up because our parents didn't want to deal with us. 

I remember back when I was at the nuclear plant, when Sam, his girlfriend and Petard, her little brother were trapped with me in the room. I can remember the feeling of adrenaline rushing through me when Sam agreed to let me torture him. He had no choice really, or I would have had to cause a nuclear meltdown. I remember hearing my "whip hand" hitting against his bare skin. The sound it made as it wounded the beautifully tanned skin.

I remember looking at the bloodied body underneath my whip-like tentacle. It almost made me proud of Lana, the girl who gave me this "whip hand".

I remember seeing the almost-dead Sam Temple and how much damage I had caused.

It was an amazing feeling to have known I'd caused so much pain and damage.

But back then I was just happy to have power. 

I took it all for granted.