Watched

“Alexis! Where are you?” I try to yell over the football crowd. Our cheer was up next it was just me and her. All her idea of course, and so is my being on the cheer team.

 I hear my name, “Kay! Get your butt over here we are up!” I quickly run with her to the middle of the field. I bow my head waiting for the music. When it comes on the moves are instinct. I put a big smile on my face, and quickly look over to Alexis to make sure I’m on time. We’ve practiced this all week and finally its coming all together. Then the music stops Alexis and I wrap our arms around each other happy we are finished. We run back to our cheering team. Suddenly I feel as if someone is watching me. I look up into the bleachers out of everyone, which is a pact bleacher, my eyes land on the new guy.

He’s tall but not enough to be over everyone’s head. His hair isn’t much blonder than my own its cut short.  As Alexis would put it nice and neat means he’s open to people. Suddenly he waves at me. I must have been staring so I just wave my pompom at him. Then he winks and points to himself, the time, and then the gate to get out of here. Alexis comes up behind me and I turn.

 “He wants you to wait for him after the game.” She looks up at him. “Do it he’s hot.” So with her approval I look up at him and nod my head. He just smiles and shoos me back to the game. “Do you know him?” Alexis wraps her around mine as we walk back to our group.

“He’s in a couple of my classes but I don’t know his name that’s the first time I’ve even talked to him.” She just laughs.

“What’s so funny over there?”

 “It’s just another boy you likes you from afar.” Now I laugh which causes a few stares. Everyone says my laugh sounds like a chipmunk. Alexis just giggles at me knowingly, and which in turn makes me laugh harder until I’m gasping for air. We do a couple more cheers, and then we do our cheers that bring in the crowd.  These are my favorite, even before I was a cheerleader. It’s the last couple minutes of the game so we try to get the crowd as loud as possible.

 I make contact with him again. So I mouth what’s your name? He replies Jake. I point to myself and mouth Kay. Then he mouths I know. I turn back to see the game just in time to see the final touchdown. I cheer but then groan knowing I have to do pushups. During the pushups I whisper to Alexis. “You’re driving me home right?” She drove me to school this morning so I would have no other way home.

 “Duh girly. Well after you meet your mystery guy.”

“Thanks and his name is Jake.” Finally I finish my pushups. We both stand up.

 “Ooooh mystery man got a name.” I just push her and join the football players in the middle. I find my best guy friend to go run and hug him.

 “You scored the last touch down!” I wrap my arms around his neck and he half way slings me. “I remember when you played in middle school. Oh goodness.” I laugh at the memories as he puts me down.

“That was before you were a cheerleader too.” I push him as his girl runs up to him too. She is one of my closest friends. So she doesn’t mind me hugging her boyfriend.

 “Kenzee did you see Chase? He made me do pushups!” She laughs over his shoulder, knowing I’m just complaining about pushups but knowing that he made the last touchdown.

“Yes Kay we all know you hate doing pushups for touchdowns.” She slightly nods her head behind me letting me know someone if about to try to scare me. Kenzee and I have been through a lot together. So we look out for each other. I feel someone’s arms wrap around me and lift me up. I scream as I’m slung in circles. Once my feet touch the ground I turn around.

            “Jasper! You scared me.” I say as sarcastically as I can.

 “Dang.  Mckenzee told you didn’t she?” I just stare at him for his answer .Soon after Alexis comes up behind Jasper.

Alexis doesn’t give Jasper a hug. She hates all his sweat all over her. So she reaches for his hand and in turn he wraps his arm around her trying to wipe his sweat on her. “Get off of me!” Alexis glares at us as we all bust out laughing. “Kay don’t you have somewhere to be? Like with a mystery man waiting for you?” I turn quickly to make sure he’s still there. I finally see him.

“Crap, thanks Alexis.” I point to Chase and Jasper, “not a word.” I hear Alexis say Jake’s name as I run off. I grab my bags as I past. I run up the hill to him.

“Hey,” he says but he doesn’t sound happy. “What’s wrong?” He just stares at me for a second.

“I’m good with emotions,” I explain. He doesn’t say anything, just looks past me, at the football felid. I turn, “Oh no. Those are just my friends, nothing more.” He puts his hands in his pockets and nods.

                “They are just friends, but I’m sorry I was late getting up here. We have to go on the field and I'm just a very talkative person. And well I'm doing it right now, so you understand.” I laugh a little, trying not to seen too nervous. In all honestly I’ve seen him around, a lot. And I’ve wanted to talk to him but I was too nervous.

 “It’s okay; I just wanted to talk to you. I have wanted to a couple times before but I was too nervous.” I smile at him.

“That’s the same for me; I've seen you a couple times. But you never looked like you wanted to talk to anyone.” He nods his head, as I hear something from behind him, something moving incredibly fast. I look up, a bleached blonde lady is stand on the other side of the fence staring at me. More like glaring at me. She points to Jake, and then puts her finger to her mouth. I look at Jake, he oblivious didn’t hear her come up and he is just staring at me.

            He has this confused look on his face. I quickly look back to where the lady was just at and she’s gone. But I feel something in my head. I hear myself scream, as soon as I see the earth moving closer.  I feel someone’s arms wrap around me and lower me to the ground. They stay beside me, and soon I feel others around me too.

 “Kay…” I hear someone whisper. “Kay. Don’t mess with Jake, he isn’t right for you. He has secrets that he will never tell you. Leave him alone.” I hear them whisper again, but it’s inside my head. What’s wrong with Jake? I'm just talking to him; yeah I think he’s cute. But I don’t know. Wait what happen to Jake?           

“Kay! Are you okay? Answer me.” I hear a familiar voice, its sounds like Jake.

 “Kay!! Oh my gosh are you okay? Jake what happened?” And that would be Alexis. I slowly open my eyes. And reach for Jake. I motion for him to lean closer and he does.

 I whisper, “Why am I supposed to leave you alone again?”  He looks at me with question.

“Kay, what are you talking about? I know I caught you before you hit your head.”

 I whisper again, “No the voice in my head told me to leave you alone. It came as soon as the lady with the blonde hair left.”

            A/N: I had a dream, actually it was this. I dont know if i should continue and this isnt the whole dream. So i'm just chillen. I actually forgot i had written this down but here. Tell me if you like it.