The Thing About Best Friends...

I reached into my pocket after feeling it buzz, telling me that I had a message.

"Hey women are we hanging tonight or what??" It was Connor, my best male friend.

Yes, I said 'male' and 'friend' in the same sentence. Get over it.

My reply "nope I don't want my house infested with aids"

THE THING ABOUT BEST FRIENDS IS- they can tease each other without any fear of either one of them getting upset.

Connor "ok, I'll bring Reese's and chips then?"

"And me some sprite!" I send back.

I jumped onto my couch and thought about the old days.

**-_flashback_-**

"Sissy! That boy over there took my dolly!" The little 4 year old me cried to my older sister, Jasmine.

"Which little boy?" She asked me

"That one" I said pointing to the swings

"Well alright lets go over there" she replied. And off we marched off towards the little boy.

By the time we got to the little boy his mother had met us there.

"What would be the problem?" The little boy's mother asked us.

"He stole my dolly!" I said sticking my lip out and pouting.

"Chrissy, don't pout. We will get it back." Jasmine said to me and then turned to the boy's mother "hi I'm Jasmine and this is Crystal. It seems that there was a bit of a mix up going on. I believe your boy took her dolly."

"Connor, give crystal back her dolly!"

"No!" Connor said harshly.

"Connor James, give that little girl her doll back before I take your dessert away!" His mother said sternly.

The little boy looked at his mother and then to crissy and then gave the doll to crystal.

"And what do you say to crystal?" His mother asked him.

"Sorry for taking for doll" he said quietly.

"It's okay, do you want to play with me?" Crystal asked Connor.

"Sure!" He said and they ran off together going somewhere in the park.

THE THING ABOUT BEST FRIENDS IS- the friendship got started at an unsuspecting time and is now unbreakable.

**-_end_of_flashback_-**

"Boo!" I heard some one yell behind me.

"AHHHH!!!" I screamed at I jumped off my couch.

THE THING ABOUT BEST FRIENDS IS- they enjoy scaring the crap out of each other.

"Hahaha wow crystal what were you thinking about??" Connor said laughing at me.

I stuck my tongue out at him and said "as a matter of fact I was thinking of another time when you were being a jerk!"

"What me? Never!" Conner said.

"Oh yes you! Remember when you stole my baby doll in the park!" I said poking him in the chest.

"That was the first time we talked to each other.." He nodded.

"Yeah and the beginning of a tormented childhood for me" I said.

He grinned "well of course!"

THE THING ABOUT BEST FRIENDS IS - they love each other to death, and sometimes even beyond that.

THE THING ABOUT BEST FRIENDS IS- you can always depend on them to be there for you, even when though sometimes it requires you to have some humbleness..