Hide & Seek

Prologue

Aaron’s POV

MEMORY—

Seventeen years. Nine hundred and fifty two weeks, six thousand two hundred and nine days. That’s how long it has been since my eyes have been graced by perfection. Since my eyes have gazed into her perfect blue orbs. I knew my angel for ten hours. Ten hours was all it took for her to hold my heart, and take it with her when she was stolen from me.

I was three. The second son of the King and Queen(King Peter and Queen Lilly) of the first werewolf kingdom, all together there are five werewolf kingdoms, I’ll go into the workings of the kingdoms at a later date, all you need to know as of now is that she came from the second kingdom and her name was Sara. In fact she was the third child and only daughter of the King and Queen of the Second kingdom, King Matthew and Queen Alice. Queen Alice wasn’t a werewolf, but she wasn’t human either, she was in fact an immortal, and her children had each been gifted with a slice of her talents.

 Being royalty ourselves it was custom for us to go meet the new princess. At that time I didn’t really understand much, hell I use to think our pet husky was my brother. But at that time I could understand from the very moment her sweet scent of morning rain surrounded me and her innocent eyes locked with my own that she was mine. It was arranged that I have a bedroom just across from hers, and though I would still have to live in the first kingdom with my family, I would have full rights to come visit as often as I pleased, and an order was sent out for the room across from mine to be prepped for Sara in the case that she came to visit.

I had stayed by her side for the entire day, and though I hate to admit it my small three year old form could only withstand so much. I remember lying down next to baby Sara in her cot, making sure she was comfy and tucked in, before drifting away to the land of sleep myself. I woke to the cracks of lightning and the grumbles of thunder echoing around me. I looked over to where Sara had been sleeping to find the spot empty and a stranger’s scent mixed with my angels. I growled lowly, my wolf that wasn’t meant to rise until the age of twelve, springing forward inside of me and demanding to have his tiny mate back. His growls began to get louder and soon the sound of people rushing into the room could be heard. The two Kings and Queens, rushed into the room, followed by four guards, each looking more frantic then the next. Their eyes all blazing amber, and I know mine were much the same. “Mate” I growled out. Queen Alice’s eyes grew wide. “Where’s my baby!” she screeched, her eyes frantically searching the dark room. “Rouges” snarled out King Matthew, running to the open window and leaping through the window, shifting mid leap.

“Hey baby” purred Kimberly snapping me from memory lane, slowly making her way over to me, swaying her hips seductively. Her short shorts hugging her sexy behind and her tight crop top showing off her two perfect mounds. She was simply hot, oh how I wish she was my mate. I know I have my own mate. But for all I know she’s dead. It’s time for me to accept that she’s never coming back. I can accept that. I have Kimberly I don’t need her.