The Hunger Games

Chapter 1

The Reaping and train ride

My name is Landon Lane.I have two brothers, one sister. Ty, Cody, and Dixie. We are all heading over to the reaping. ( The Reaping is a day where a boy and a girls name is drawn from a bowl to see who will fight to the death in the capitols game) I hate the Reaping I hate the Hunger Games too. The way the Capitol treats all the districts ( There are 12). While we were walking along Ty just started crying." What's wrong Ty?" I asked.

"Their gonna draw my name out" said Ty

"No their not"I said

"How do you know?" said Cody

"Their gonna pick you, Landon" said Dixie

"They've missed me all this time, their not gonna pick me" I said

By then we got to the Reaping, then we got into our groups boys and girls. Then it was time for the drawing. Anne Slimmer is the one who is drawing. As usual it is ladies first. I prayed that Dixie would not be called. Then....the name was called. Dixie Lane. All I could think, how could God do this. No, I said no,no,no,no,no. It can't be, they started dragging her to the stage.

I wish I could volunteer like Katniss Everdeen did all those years ago. But I'm not a girl. In all the commotion I didn't realize she called the boy's name. Everyone was mumbling and whispering then everyone turned to me. Then I slowly walked up to the stage. We then got on the train, Dixie was crying I tried to be brave for her. I went in my room and jumped in my bed.

By not that long it was time for lunch. I went in and sat. Dixie finally stopped crying. Her eyes were red though. The food on the table,looks delicious. It has turkey, chicken,chips,and dip,ribs,hamburgers, and soup. Then there was all the DESSERT. I guess they want us to eat well before we die. I ate then went to bed and slept the rest of the way to the capitol.

I finally woke and looked out the window, there were tons of people cheering. Then I got clothes on and went to the door going outside and walked out.

Chapter 2

The Training and the scores

We walked down a path with people screaming for us. What is it with the capitol and the games? How is dieing entertainment? We walked in a big building. Our mentor walked us to our stylists. Mines names are Pin, Fris, and Kim. They do lots of painful things. Then they say I am ready to train. I go lift weights while Dixie goes over to the plants. I move up to a pretty good weight, 350 pounds. The guys lifting don't spot at ALL. They just sit around goofing off. I accidentally dropped the bar on my toe.

Dixie did good. She told me everything she learned. This year they did not have the camouflage station this year so I taught Dixie that. Then me and her went to weapons. Bad idea. A career asked why we were there then threw a knife it missed by a hair. I then said "We're her to spar." He threw another knife.....cut me on the cheek. " Do that...... one more time he throws another. This time I catch it and threw it at him. I hit him right in the shoulder.

He immediately runs at me for a punch, I catch his fist and toss him on the ground. Then all his buddies come at me. One swung I ducked then caught his arm and through him at a career. Then peacekeepers come over and start dragging us somewhere along with my mentor, Jick Awening. We got to a metal room and they told our mentors to talk to us. Jick said that im going to lose sponsors. I really don't care I wont get sponsored anyway. So we were let out to keep training.

Soon, training was over and we were getting dressed up for chariots. We got on our chariots and drove out there. No one looked like they cared for us. We just road up there and waved then left. Went by pretty fast we were ready for scores right after that. I went into the room where they test you for your scores. I asked Dixie what she did and she said it didn't really matter. So I went in. I looked around and tried to find something.

Then I found it, a 400 pound mace. I went over got it and drug it over to the middle. I swung it around and it flew out my hand and smashed into the wall. I did NOT want that to happen. I'm sure the scorekeepers weren't expecting it either. I slowly backed out of the room. We went to our rooms and looked on tv for scores. First was district one:

District One

Dale Ark 8

Penny Link 4

District Two

Kal Wick 6

Pam Sim 9

District Three

Finn Inker 1

Til Inker 3

District Four

Ian Taylor 7

Bree Lancher 7

District Five

Haily Hill 4

Rick Threm 6

District Six

Chaz Gat 8

Jenny Acorn 0

District Seven.......We just didn't listen anymore. Until just in time, Anne said ELEVEN! ELEVEN! We looked at the tv.

Landon Lane 11

Dixie Lane 10

I was astonished.....They thought I TRIED to throw that mace.