A Chance Encounter

The cold October air nipped at my nose as I made my way to the bus stop, the familiar park coming into my line of sight. There, on a bench near the stop, was a young man. He seemed to be about my age and he was all by himself, his only comfort the steaming warmth coming from within his travel mug. I decided to walk over to him.

"Cold morning, huh?" I asked dumbly, knowing full well that it was.

"Not really, no," he chuckled, only quiet again to take another sip.

I made a smile back at him, a slight shiver running over my body. "May I sit with you?"

He nodded his head with a smile, pulling an extra cup out of his bag. "Here, you seem cold." He spoke as he poured some of his hot drink into a small cup and handed it to me.

I smile and take the cup gratefully from the man, feeling the warmth run through my hands. I shudder and bring the cup to my lips, heat and steam encasing my face. I smell chocolate; a sigh of delight escapes me, and I take a drink. Hot Chocolate; yum. It burns my throat, but it's a good burn. "Thank you very much, sir." I chime, the heat coursing through me.

"You're welcome," he chuckled. "I'm glad you like it." He takes a sip of his own drink, his eyes watching me.

Since I've warmed up, my mind has seemed to wake up and is kicked into high gear, screaming at me to leave right that moment. I wave away the thoughts of danger and lean back on the bench. Bad idea! I quickly jolt forward, spilling both of our drinks onto our laps and the ground. The head burns my thighs and I jump into motion, grabbing the napkins from my pocket. Really glad I had these!

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed and quickly start scrubbing at my legs, the burning sensation growing. "I-I didn't expect the bench to be so cold and I-" I dumbly laugh at myself but keep rubbing.

"Ha-ha!" He laughed playfully. "It's okay; now we both got warm, right?" He laughed again, smiling warmly.

I chuckle nervously and take out the rest of the napkins from my pocket. I reflexively started to try and get the steaming chocolate from his legs, only slightly noticing how calm he is about all of this.

He places his hand on my own to stop me, causing me to look up at him. Our eyes meet and he smiles. "Its fine" he assures me.

My face heats up as I take notice of the awkward position I've put myself in and quickly look down at our hands, my eyes finding my watch. I gasp and stand up quickly, almost slipping. All of those alarms finally made sense to me! "I'm gonna be late!" I cried. "Here," I said as I rushed and handed him the last napkin from my other pocket before I ran off.

He has a confused look on his face as I scramble off, slip and fall on the ice, then continue to run. A school bus catches my eye and I turn to chase it down. When the bus finally stops, I hop on and it drives away.

I look back at the guy from the park and watch him as he walks away, one hand in his pocket and another holding his mug. His short black hair is slowly hidden as he lifts up his hood.

I look away with a quiet chuckle and find my seat. I reach my hand in my pocket then freeze.

Oh no....

So, as you've probably noticed, this story is on here twice. But what you really should've noticed is the fact that it's finally on here twice. XD I've been meaning to re-upload this story for over a year and now I finally have time to do just that! =D I'm really proud of myself for the fact that I've strengthened my abilities over the years, but now it's finally going to truly show how much I've changed. I'm rewriting the first story I ever attempted to write and now we'll see where it takes me. I really do hope that you guys enjoy this renewed story. I love you all.
Have an awesome day and a wonderful life, my lil pervs <3