The Ending

Lying next to each other on the same bed for the first time inside their own home was an ordeal the both of them weren't used to. It was a little strange and a little awkward, but they gradually became accustomed to it. They were never intimate with each other before deciding to share a bed, a blanket, and a room. This was all so new and different that it was difficult get near one another at first afraid of entering the other's personal space.

Unable to sleep one night Sehun flipped onto his side and found himself staring at Namjoo who was asleep facing him. For a long time he remained like that watching her before shifting over and gently lifted her head up before setting it down on his arm. He was curious and he wanted to do something new. Namjoo was still asleep and didn't budge until a moment later when her eyes suddenly opened. She looked half-awake but their eyes met and he suddenly became nervous. Would she move away? Would she say something spiteful? However, Namjoo closed her eyes again and returned to sleep. After that, sometimes he would spend his nights watching her sleep and the warm feelings it gave him were so surprising.

They ate together in the mornings as they'd promised at the vacation house, and Namjoo didn't go out without leaving him a note or she'd relay a message to him through their housemaid. One morning after breakfast Sehun had started up the stairs to prepare for work and when he entered their Namjoo held out an outfit she'd ironed that morning. It was the start of another one of their morning routines that didn't get old.

After Namjoo got pregnant he found himself reading books and searching the web for any food that would help maintain her and the baby's health. Alongside the baby they were expecting, he also wanted Namjoo to stay healthy and made an effort to keep her cheerful. He wasn't aware that by doing it, it only brought him a step closer to treasuring her more than he thought he would.

"What are you doing?" Namjoo questioned from the doorway of the kitchen.

Sehun turned away from the stove and walked toward her. Taking her arm he led her to the table, "Sit here for a moment."

Namjoo frowned and looked at him. "Why are you cooking again?"

"I wanted to try something out," he eagerly expressed before setting a bowl of some boiled chicken and rice down in front of her. "I used a different method to make it. Eat it, is it good?"

Namjoo stared down at the bowl before twisting her head back to look at the stove and the counter before turning to him. "Maybe you should leave the kitchen to the housemaid."

"Why?" he asked before looking back at the mess he made then turned back to her. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna ask her to clean up. So? Is it good?"

Namjoo picked up the spoon without a choice and took a bite of the porridge before smiling. "It's good."

And he was sure that she must've tired of him being in the kitchen so much that she rarely came to check on him to see what he was up to. He didn't mind though. He'd always find her somewhere around the house and make her try one of his new recipes and she would have no choice but to eat.

Whenever Namjoo experienced pain during her pregnancy he couldn't explain how awful he felt seeing her cry from the pain of it. Even if Namjoo sometimes refused his comfort, sometimes she would squeeze his hand with so much strength that he thought his bones were breaking. Sehun was sure that on the day Namjoo went into labor, he'd been the most exaggerated in the waiting room that he embarrassed their parents. He was certain, at one point, that he was the most eager for his baby's arrival.

When they finally had Ki Woon he tried to make it up to Namjoo by letting her sleep while he spent majority of his nights tending to the fussy baby. And in the nights when he wasn't aware, Namjoo would come watch him with the baby cradled in his warm arms. Other times, she would take the baby from him when he fell asleep, cover him with a blanket, and walk around the house to calm the baby down and settle him into a sleep. Then in the mornings he'd discover Namjoo asleep on the couch.