Chapter 1: In Which Cadirwiel Becomes an Outcast

Cadirwiel mewed pitifully. Aydrial paused in her packing to come over and pick her up. Tears streamed down her face.

"Oh, Cad, I don't want to move. You know that. But Tasha and Levi want to be closer to family. They went to sign the papers. I'm going to have a real family! You understand don't you?" Cadirwiel mewed again. Anna, Aydrial's step-sister came in.

"Ayd, stop talking to Cad. She can't hear you."

"Yes I can!" Cadirwierl said.

"Stop it, Anna! She may not really be able to, but cats are smart! They can watch our expressions and know what we mean."

"Okay, but even so, Pa doesn't want us talking to animals. You know that." Aydrial nodded and set Cad down. Anna ruffled Aydrial's hair.

"Anna, you forgot me!" Cad said. Anna bent down and patted Cadirwiel's head lovingly. She purred.
"You're right, Ayd, this cat seems to understand every word we're saying." Anna said. Anna was certainly Cad's favorite human. Besides Aydrial, of course. Levi walked in as the two step-sisters were sitting on Aydrial's bed.

"Kay, Guys. The moving trucks on its way, and so is the family coming for Cadirwiel." Cad let out a strangled yelp along with Aydrial. Anna's jaw dropped.

"Anna, Ayd, you both must have realized this was coming. You know that the apartment doesn't allow cats. We're going to get you a fish or something. Plus, Cadirwiel wouldn't like the small space anyways."

"I don't mind." Cad said. "As long as I have a family."

"She's going to good couple who will take care of her." The next few minutes were a mess- Aydrial crying until she couldn't breathe, Anna fighting for Cad's case, but no matter how hard the girls begged, their father refused.

Then the doorbell rang, and Cad was carried from the only home she ever knew.

***

"Food please?" Cad asked. 'Her person' as it seemed to think it was, threw a boot at her and she darted to one side.

"I'm hungry." She tried again. The man threw a glass and it shattered on the floor in front of her. That was all she could take, Cad bolted for the window and threw herself out it, sprinting for the woods, ignoring the angry person voices and threats of being chased by "The Hound." She had to get out of this place. She was an outcast now. She would always be without Aydrial.