Tortoise Luck

Someone told me seeing a tortoise on my wedding day would bring me good luck.

I saw a rabbit instead.

While I was looking for a tortoise everywhere before my wedding I saw a hare. It was cute and fuzzy. I don't know what went through my head, but I decided to chase it. Well I was lost to the world after that.

"Hey lady! Watch out!" someone shouted.

I looked up and there was a car that almost ran me over. Luckily I jumped out of the way just in time. The rabbit not so lucky... It was completely squashed in the road. Blood oozing out.

"Gross," I said under my breath. Uh-oh it's getting dark.

"Excuse me sir, I was wondering what time it was?" I asked the dark haired guy.

"It's almost eight." He said.

"WHAT!! EIGHT??" I shrieked.

Oh no. Oh no. This couldn't be happening. Did I waste a whole day chasing that stupid hare? And it ended up dying? On my wedding day? Why? How? It was morning like five minutes ago. How had I missed my own wedding?

I rushed over to the chapel and entered. No one there. Oh no. Time to go home I guess. Hopefully I can tell Alex what happened. But what really happened?

I was unlocking the door when I heard the bang. I ran in only to see Alex lying dead on the floor. I fell down crying. Oh no. This can't be happening.

Stupid, stupid tortoise luck.