Chapter One

Emily's POV

I woke up with a yawn and the sun shining in my face. I blinked a few times since it was so bright then looked at my alarm clock. I really needed to start getting ready to school or I'll be late...

Hi, My name is Emily Hansen. I'm seventeen years old and a senior in highschool. I'm one of those nerdy kinds of girls with the glasses and the smarts but with a twist. I'm actually a werewolf and the daughter of an alpha. Now here is my story.

I looked at the time seeing it was about 6:50 and school started at 7:20. I sighed a little I wouldn't be able to take my early morning run before school and my wolf Cassie would probably bother me about it the whole day wanting to be let out. I wished I went to one of those all werewolf schools but they're all so far away and my father wants to have me near by so he could protect me since I'm all he has...

My mother died when I was eight almost ten years ago. A crazy rogue had killed a neighboring pack's alpha therefore became their new alpha. He was power crazy and since we were the closest pack he decided to take us out as well to make him more powerful. My mother, being the luna felt like she was a mother to everyone in the pack. So when the attack had started she gathered all the women and children and was bringing them to the safe house where they hide while the attacks happen. So everyone would be safe. Just as she was about to shut the door the crazed power hungry rogue in his rugged ugly wolf form, ran up to the door and managed to attack her. I screamed for my mother, being one of the children brought to the safe house but some one held me back. He had created large gashes and bruises and just has the rouge was about to give the final strike my father leaped on to him and tore his head off. As my mother collapsed to the ground. The other mothers ran,up to try and help her but my father held his dying mate in his arms.

"Promise me... you'll s...stay strong Nathen... even after I'm gone... please stay strong... for everyone and Emily... I love you both dearly..." My mother said with a small smile and then she closed her eyes and was gone forever right before my very eyes. I think about it everyday. I am proud of my mother and what she's done I got a tattoo in her memory its of angel wings on my arm because she is now an angel watching over me.

Anyway, I got dressed for school and did my business in the morning. I didn't bother with make up because I believe it takes away from who you really are and if you don't like who you are then you should change and not cover it up.

I got in my car it was nothing special I was never into those fancy expensive cars. I mean I could get one with the money from the pack but I choose not to. It's just a green Kia soul like from the hamster commercial on TV. I got in my car and drove to school.

I got there with just a few minutes to spare and when I go over to my parking spot there is the school's player Jaxon Myers his car was in my spot. It didn't bother me to much but he has a perfectly good spot and it's even closer to the school. I hate him, he always chooses to pick on me and since everyone likes him they all pick on me because of him.

Even though this isn't an all werewolf school there are still a few other werewolves like my best friend Jennifer. We've been buddies ever since we could walk. But ever since she met her mate Adrian, a year ago we kind of drifted a little bit and don't hang out as much. But I've meet a few other people and became friends with them but their humans. They became my bestfriends too. Luckily when I was able to tell them about me being a werewolf they luckily didn't freak out. They eventually came to terms with it. They've even come over the pack house a few times and met everyone. Their names are Lauren, Bonnie, Emilia and Kaitlyn.

So I parked my car in another parking spot and walked into school. I walked to my locker and grabbed my books and binders needed for the day. Since Jen's locker was near mine we talked a little bit then she went to find Adrian. I sighed wishing my birthday would get her faster so I could meet my mate and be happy like that were.