Trust your Heart~One Shot

Trust Your Heart

            Drip, drip, drip, drip, went the rain on this fair Wednesday evening.  I was sitting in the living room with my eyes on the television screen, but my mind was somewhere else.  I was waiting for my boyfriend of 3 years to come home to our shared flat.  He had left our flat at eleven in the morning to record new songs in the studio for his bands new album.  Harry Styles, my 20 year old boyfriend, said he would be home by six thirty sharp.  It was now eight p.m. and I was growing worried that something terrible might have happened to him.  I, being an eighteen year old, wasn’t terrified of being home alone in the night.  Instead I was scared for Harry and wanted to know where he was.  I tried calling him sixteen times already, but each time it would go straight to voicemail, which was frightening me even more.

            Suddenly, I heard keys being put into the lock of the front door, and the handle of the door being turned.  I jumped out of my seat on the couch and up to the front door, waiting to see who has unlocked the door to mine and Harry’s flat.  The door was pushed wide open and in stepped Harry, my boyfriend.  Also know as Harry Styles, one fifth of the worldwide, sensational boy band called One Direction.  I glanced down at my phone to see that it was ten past nine.

            “HAROLD EDWARD STYLES!  Where have you been all this time?  Why haven’t you been answering your phone?  I called you at least fifteen times and you haven’t even called me back to say that you were fine or that you were coming home late!”  I exclaimed when he was walking towards me.

            “I’m really sorry Eleanor.  The recording took us longer than expected.  I didn’t call because my phone was off and I honestly thought you would’ve just figured that we weren’t finished yet.  I didn’t mean to make you worry so much.  I really am sorry.” Harry explained as he came up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist in a tight hug.

            “I love you, Ellie.”  He stated, using the nickname he came with up for me.

            “I love you too, Harry, but don’t scare me next time.”

            He chuckled while saying, “I won’t.”  With that we pulled away from the embrace, got changed into our pajamas, and went to bed.

            The next morning I awoke from my sleep by my phone furiously vibrating on my bedside counter.  I slowly and quietly crawled out of bed, trying my best to not awake Harry from his slumber.  I grabbed my phone and quietly tiptoed out of my bedroom and into the kitchen.  I glanced down towards my phone and noticed I had many notifications on twitter.  Swiping my iPhone and clicking on my twitter app, my phone almost dropped out of my hands at what I saw before me.  There on my phone screen was a picture of Harry kissing a different girl.  ‘How could he do this to me?’  I thought we were loyal to each other.’  ‘He promised he wouldn’t cheat.’  These were just a few of the many thoughts that were running through my mind.  Others weren’t as kind.

            I stood in the kitchen with my mouth open and my mind racing.  A few tears slid down my face as I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind.  I jumped away from Harry and turned around to face him.  A look of confusion flashed on his face.  Just staring at him made tears fall more rapidly down my cheeks.  He scooted closer towards me as I scooted away from him to increase the distance between us.  I tried to speak but I couldn’t.  It’s like my voice just wasn’t there.  Like I was the television when someone presses the mute button.

            I finally squeaked out, “Why?”

            He looked beyond confused, but I could care less right now.