Prologue

It was a typical weekend for Dara. She and her friends agreed to meet up at their usual hang-out spot at the coffee shop nearby their village. They haven't seen each other for weeks since they've been busy with their individual lives and others, busy with their love lives too and she just arrived from a business trip in New York.

All in all they were 8 in their group. Park Bom and Top, they're a couple; Chaerin and Seungri another couple; and Minzy and Kai, you're guessing it right, they're a couple too and lastly Donghae and herself, no they're not an item, they never dated and yes, they are the last single people in their group. She'd usually wonder how come these people hooked up with each other. Don't they find it awkward and weird they've been together since they're were like in their diapers? Well except for Minzy and Kai since they were born years younger than them. But that's not the point, she just couldn't imagine herself dating one of her close childhood friends.

These people mean a lot to her. They're like the family she's chosen for herself, not that she's not happy with her family. She is. In fact their parents are also friends with each other, maybe that's how they got close too. When she's with her friends, she felt she can be herself no matter how crazy she becomes. She has proven their friendship for so many times, she already lost count. There was one time in high school when a boy broke her heart, they were there to the rescue. When she lost her wallet during their field trip in Jeju, they were there to help her out they spared some of their pocket money and gave it to her. When she had her first period and she didn't know what to do since her parents weren't home, she had to call them and all of them rushed to her house, funny how the boys got so paranoid and raced to the nearest convenience store just to buy some sanitary napkins for her to use. They went from childhood to puberty, adolescence, adulthood and even detention together. She can never hide anything from these crazies. Never.

While reminiscing her fond memories of them she heard a knock and her door opened. "Ya! Day dreaming again?" it was Park Bom.

"I wasn't!"

"You were. You were staring at nowhere like a retard. I'll bet you'd be drooling by then if I arrived a little later"

"Are you here to pick me up or just make fun of me?"

"Both. Now hurry up, they're all waiting for us."

She got up and checked her reflection in the mirror. Hmm same old, she said to herself.

Finally when they arrived at the café, all of her friends were there. As usual, noisy and chaotic. A good kind of chaos. The chaos she missed.

"Daraaaaaa!" everybody exclaimed like they haven't seen her in years. Chaerin and Minzy got up and gave her a really big hug as well as the boys, they bear-hugged her too.

"Ya! Why the commotion?" she asked them.

"Nothing. We just missed you." Chaerin explained.

"Gosh, we haven't seen you for a while. Where have you been?" it was Minzy.

"Duh, I was sent to New York for a couple of weeks, remember?" she reminded them.

"Right. Sorry, we seem to be aging fast. We forgot", said Chaerin.

"So, found yourself an American lover yet?" Top asked.

"Yeah! You should've looked for one or you already have and you're keeping it from us?" this time Seungri is interrogating her.

"Why would Dara look for an American lover if we have lots of hot Korean men here", Bom eyed Donghae.

Chaerin got what Bom meant. "Yeah, you're right Bommie. Maybe love's just around the corner, right Lee Donghae?" now ever body was staring at him.