The Lady Across the Street

*******************************************************************

Today is the last day of summer, and me and Ryan are walking around the neighborhood. We are kind of cool at our school. We play basketball. I'm the captain of the team and Ryan is the best player. Besides me of course. We are both 17 and have been best friends since we were 3. Out houses are right next to each other and our parents are best friends as well. My girlfriend Annabell, is on the cheer leading squad. She has beautiful blond wavy hair bright green eyes and a perfect body. I have two best friends. Ryan and Melissa. Mel for short. I have been best friends with her since I was about 2. My name is Matt and I have jet black short-ish hair, bright blue eyes, and a fit body. Ryan has blond wavy hair, huge brown eyes, and the same body as me. Mel? She's pretty but hides it under loose fitting clothes. She has brown hair and stunning blue eyes. The three of us had a great summer this year. Lots of parties. Ryan and I are walking to Mels' house right now.

"See, most people think that vampires never get old." I begin saying to Ryan, "But the truth is that vampires drink blood to stay young."

"So if they drink blood they age really slow?"

"No, no, no if they drink blood they stay the same age."

"So what if they start to drink blood when they're, like, 2 years old?"

"No, Ryan-"

"There would be 2 year old vampire babies runnin' around?! I would HATE to be they're babysitter."

"Ryan--"

"But maybe, since they're vampires you would extra money...or maybe yo-"

"RYAN!"

"Oh, sorry man."

"No, they stop aging at 17 if they drink blood"

"OH! That's good I would  not want to babysit vampires babies..."

Okay so we are huge vampire dorks. Well at least I am, but nobody knows except for Mel and Ryan. If Annabell found out she would dump me and tell everyone at school. If she told them, which she definitely would, I would be a social reject at school. Can't let that happen.

We kept talking about wampires when we got to Mels' house. Mel lives in a huge mansion and her yard is fantastic.

"Hey Tommy!" Ryan and I greet the house butler, Thomas. He hates it when we call him Tommy.

"How many times do I have to inform you boys that my name is Thomas"

"Alot more. We still aren't gettin it" says Ryan. Thomas sighs and shows us where Mel is.

"Sup guys!" Mel says, unusually cheery today...

"Hey.." We say staring at her trying to figure out what has got her all happy.

"I have to show you something!!" She says and pulls us down, i swear to god what has to be 17...thousand, flights of stairs before we get to her yard.She pulls us over to one corner and starts taking a sheet off a huge object. She rips off the sheet all the way, with a giant smile on her face, and I can't believe my eyes.